Advanced parking system w/ camera
Audi Hold Assist
Panorama sunroof
Light-sensor
High-beam assistant
Rain-sensor
Bang & Olufsen sound system
High-beam assisitant

I think that was all. I wanted side- and lane assist, but they were not available with the 3-spoke S-line steering wheel. I needed the 4-spoke one so I didn't want it.

The Norwegian MTM-importer is sponsoring me with the MTM chip that gives the car 310BHP, exhaust and 380mm MTM brakes. I have also ordered the Caractere styling kit.

I have ordered the car with snow-tyres only as I want to buy some 20". I've purchased 10,5x20" Petrol Traviata rims with 285/25-20 Vredestein Sessanta tires.

... and already purchased S5 mirrors and an A5 cap of Ebay :p I just can't wait to get the car home in me garage.

PS/EDIT:
The terrible thing about this car in the country I live in is that it costs me 1,1 million kroner which is about $220000. &"%#!( this country and it's car prices.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Congrats and welcome! Sounds like some nice mods you have planned for the car once you get it.

Gosh, it sure would be nice if we could get the electric rear window sunshade here in the States. :mad:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lucky day? Just got a call from my local dealer. The car in on the boat from Bremerhaven, Germany. The boat just passed Gothenburg and will arrive Norway around 1:00pm Norwegian time (that's about 3 hours from now). They will ship it to my local dealer wednesday or thursday. So now I'm not counting days anymore... now I'm counting hours.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That's great news! It's about time you got your car! It's been a loooooong wait.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One of the best days of my life? Yes... the very first pictures of my car. And as you can see, I got the new MMI 3G :p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Hello,
first of all congratulations to your purchase and welcome aboard! :)
However, on the photos you have uploaded, I can clearly see that your A5 is not S-Line, yours is a standard version and it is visible that front bumper and rear diffuser are not S-Line. Only thing that looks like S-Line are side panels. So therefore I am confused right now as while interior seems to be S-Line, exterior is not.

Can anyone perhaps explain?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello,
first of all congratulations to your purchase and welcome aboard! :)
However, on the photos you have uploaded, I can clearly see that your A5 is not S-Line, yours is a standard version and it is visible that front bumper and rear diffuser are not S-Line. Only thing that looks like S-Line are side panels. So therefore I am confused right now as while interior seems to be S-Line, exterior is not.

Can anyone perhaps explain?

In Sweden and i guess in Norway we have s-line sports package as an option. Its not the exterior s-line package. The only thing you can see in the exterior are the badge, s-line wheels and the lowered chassis by 10mm. Inside you have sport seats with sprint/leather fabric with the s-line logo, multifunction steering wheel, all black interior and aluminum whats-it-called, and lots of s-line badges =P.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Good old Audi. Doing a great job confusing us all. Am I right in thinking that the 'Sport' is UK only? Has anyone actually done a comparison between different markets?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
In Sweden and i guess in Norway we have s-line sports package as an option. Its not the exterior s-line package. The only thing you can see in the exterior are the badge, s-line wheels and the lowered chassis by 10mm. Inside you have sport seats with sprint/leather fabric with the s-line logo, multifunction steering wheel, all black interior and aluminum whats-it-called, and lots of s-line badges =P.
Thanks;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here in Norway the S-line package is everything except the exterior. I have to pay extra for that. Since I have the bodykit I choosed not to pay for the exterior. The interior and everything else is S-line though. I changed the aluminium for the S5 carbon atlas and the S-line seats for the S5 seats.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I would LOVE to have S5 seats, they look so much better than the normal ones. Unfortunately I was unable to choose anything on my car as it was already built.
Anyways, be sure to post photos of your Caractere bodykit once it gets fitted. :)

I have also that MTM stuff you are going to have and I am going to tell you, you will absolutely love it. It gives so much more power to the car.....gets quite close to S5.;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congratulations, mate. She's a beauty! :) When can we expect to see pictures with the bodykit mounted?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And today I finally got to pick up the car... Now finally in my garage. Took some interior pictures, and excuse my bad photographer skills.

I LOVE the new MMI 3G:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Congrats!
You have S5-seats? Hm.. didn't know that they have added this option to the A5 :)

Your car costed you US$ 220 000?!
Really?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats!
You have S5-seats? Hm.. didn't know that they have added this option to the A5 :)
Don't think it is. I had to special order them. Same with Atlas Carbon inlays.

Your car costed you US$ 220 000?!
Really?
Norway is the secondmost expensive country in the world when it comes to cars. Only "beaten" by Denmark.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Great looking seats!

todays exchange is a bit different:

1 100 000 Norwegian kroner = 158 590.3 U.S. dollars

That is the same as 3 S5 in US (they start at 51k)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bear in mind that the Norwegian taxation system punishes cars with high powered engines (horsepower and CO-emission). U get the 2.0TFSI 180ps for half the price compared to a 3.0TDI. That's "only" about $78K.......

Speaking about delivery times; I first approached my local dealer in November 2007 and wanted to place an order. I was told to "come back next year"... I contacted an another dealer outside my town and signed the papers in the last week of December 2007 (for a 1.8TFSI 170ps). Delivery was indicated "after week 22 2008". Then later it changed to Q4_2008, September 2008, November 2008, March 2009 (!!) and then finally to February 2009. Patience is a virtue, they say.... I expect delivery from the dealership in week 9. That's 14 months of waiting. Anyone beat that or is it a record?? :)

One good thing about the long wait though - they upgraded, free of charge, from the 1.8TFSI to the 2.0TFSI!!

I'm replacing my 10 year old TT Mk1. It has served me well (270 000 km). Being well into my 40's I opted for comfort rather than sport:
- Quartz with cinnemon leather
- B&O
- Parking radar front/back
- 17'' wheels (8'' wide instead of standard 7,5'' with 245/45/17 rubber)
- Panorama
- +++++

I'll be back with photos etc when the car arrives. Only 5 more weeks!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought he steering wheel of Tommy on this forum, and I fitted it today already. Easy fit but haven't gotten the buttons to work just yet:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maybe a better pic of the cockpit with the new steering wheel:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.