Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Audi's, I've had mine for just about a year now, but not new to the track. I've been driving (on the track) for about 6 years now with an organization called Eastern Motor Racing Assocaion or EMRA for short. In those six years I've driven on many tracks throughout the Northeast, became the Chief of Timing and Scoring for EMRA, and became a board member helping to make some of the important decisions in the organization.

I enjoy the club feel and how helpful everyone is whether its a turn you're just not getting right, something broken on your car, or even how to tune your setup. EMRA was created almost 50 years ago to allow the common man (or woman) to get on the track at an affordable price. We race for fun and education and not a plastic trophy, although we do have trophies for first second and third in each car class at each event.

Our car classes are fair and competitive, and we break our day down into sessions (groups) based on driver skill level. Generally each group is scheduled for 2 hours of track time each day broken down into 30 minute sessions. Lime Rock Park is the only exception to that schedule, but you still receive 1 hour and 20 minutes broken down into four 20 minute sessions.

The cost for our events range from $275 for a single day of racing, up to $650 for a weekend of racing. All our events are held on weekends so most of you do not have to miss work. As I had mention earlier, we do timing. We use a transponder system that is accurate to the Thousandth of a second, and we have 27 transponders that we have available for rent at every event.

Without any further delay, here is our tentative 2017 Schedule of events:

April 8, 2017 - Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, CT

April 29/30, 2017- Pocono Raceway S/E in Longpond, PA

June 24/25, 2017- Summit Point Raceway Shenandoah Circuit in Summit Point, WV

August 5/6, 2017- NJMP Lightning & Thunderbolt in Millville, NJ

October 7, 2017- Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, CT

There are two other possible events that would fit in September and the end of October/beginning of November which are currently up in the air. As updates become available and dates become definitive I will update this post and include some fancy artwork for each event.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. You can find us on Facebook (EMRA - Eastern Motor Racing Association), twitter (@EMRA_racing), and Instagram (@emraracing)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We have confirmed one of the two possible events. September 16-17th EMRA introduces a brand new track to the Northeast area, Club Motorsport in Tamworth, NH. Pricing has not yet been set but, but the date is confirmed! Mark you calendars and prepare yourself for what is sure to become the best track in the entire Northeast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts