Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Norfolk Meet - 6th/7th September

11K views 121 replies 17 participants last post by  SBJ 
#1 ·
We will be holding the Next Norfolk meet on the first Weekend in September :)

The thoughts were to have the meet at Sunny Cromer..... Shown Here (taken at the Aug Meet by robb)

For those that would like to bring any family/children along, there is a great Beach that the Ladies/Children may want to utilise while the Guys do what we do :D

Thinking of 'Disposable Instant BBQ' for lunch if the weather is kind - otherwise dd has spotted a great Pub - we think.....

All ideas welcome, who's coming ??

See less See more
#3 ·
So that's 2 of us...... It's a good Start :D

How about Ermmmm......... Booster ??
Marmin ??
Ianhp1 ??
doubledoom ??
Ess5ive ??

Hmmmmm Who else is there ?????

#6 ·
Thanks for the invite dbs you teaser :rolleyes: - my car's due week commencing 8th Sept!

However if by chance my car's here by then you can definitely count me in - it looks like you need another colour choice anyway :)

By the way - great pics Robb

#4 ·
Can't make that weekend I'm afraid. We are at a wedding in Wales.
I can just about make out our family caravan on Wyndham Park behind the cars in the pics!!

#10 ·
That's a shame Booster - hope the wedding goes well :)

It is a bit bizarre, as i am in Wales the Following week...... If your still there Thursday 14th i might see you there instead LOL

#5 ·
May not be able to make that weekend. Or if I do, it will be not be for the whole day. I have been told we have a wedding to go to on Saturday (not sure if its the wedding only or the reception afterwards). On Sunday, the youngest has a party in the morning so would have to come along later.

#11 ·
#13 ·
Sat 6th is fine for me...... If ok for everybody else ?? I'll ask a mod to alter the Title :)

#14 ·
Update. I can do Saturday but I need to be back in Lowestoft by about 5-6pm.

So, I will be there. Although I may have to leave early if some of you are looking for a longer day.

#15 ·
Great News dd :)

#16 ·
It is a bit bizarre, as i am in Wales the Following week...... If your still there Thursday 14th i might see you there instead LOL
No way will we still be there......
Don't want to run the risk of the baby being born in Wales:eek:

:D

No offence the the Welsh contingent on here! (if there is one!)

#17 ·
:eek: rofl :D

#18 · (Edited)
6th should be ok, its my nans 80th but is just a meal in the evening so should be free during the day.

Great news Ian and PP coming along :p.

dbs2: what do you say to meeting around theford area (as PP/Ian are coming from that wayish) and doing that thetford run we discussed. Im busy tommorow looking at new kitchens but I'll go and see if i can hunt down that road this week too see if its suitable for the video idea we had. Will take some photos if i can find it and post them up for your thoughts/opinions.

On another note, went to Cambridge today to see the GTR in the flesh. Certainly is bigger than I expected. Felt really comfortable, and looks a beast. Dont get to drive one untill March but they are running a programme for all pre orders to get racing licences and a bunch of track days before delivery. So Ian get ready to have you ass whooped at some track days, albeit in nearly 2 years time lol.

#19 ·
Meeting in Thetford sounds perfect robb?? Some piccs, would of cause be perfect

So it's a defo Sat the 6th Meet :D Can a Mod please change the Title of the thread please !!!! - lets see if they do it without having to report post ;)

Can't wait to see the GTR, but 2 years is longer than i could wait for anything ......

#20 · (Edited)
Sorry didnt get a chance during the week to go explore that way so no pictures. I did think about going this afternoon and get some lunch but the weather put me off so i decided too walk round the corner and get a carvery for a fiver instead. Will try and get over there before the meet.

So we have

1. dbs2 - phantom black A5 3.0
2. doubledoom - phantom black S5
3. robb - phantom black A5 1.8
4. ianhp1 - phantom black S5
5. pinkpanther - phantom black S5
6. cabtilx - phantom black S5 - coming along in current car though
7. marmin - quartz grey A5 3.0 Tip - if car arrives

#21 · (Edited)
BLIMEY.... I hope Marmins turns up for a bit of contrast :D

There again 6 Phantom Blacks will look rather stunning !!!

EDIT> Opps, ok then, 5 PB's

#24 ·
That would be good robb....... hope you can :) are you going for the coilovers or the springs..... i hear the springs are good on A5's !!!!

#23 ·
6th is in the diary and looking forward to it as I've not been able to make the other dates. And of course, it's another Phantom black!

Can I ask someone nicely to perform software surgery so I can have full bright DRLs, unlock DVD drive, software update etc?

Thanks
Simon

#25 ·
Excellent... Will be great to see you there.. Dying to see your painted calipers, mine look cac :)

#27 ·
Highlighted in 1mpg's thread after his remap, would anyone else be interested in getting discount and getting their car Dyno tested? Not sure how long these things take. Anyone have any input into the Idea?

Possibly another attendee. Even if theres no other interest we could just make a pit stop there on the way through for 1mpg?

#28 ·
From a different thread:

Me -
"I did contact Clive last week, he has quoted £55 + VAT for a single car, however it could be hired out for part or a full day, in which case any number(time permitting) of cars could be tested, which seems very reasonable.

Robb -
"Well I would be interested in getting mine done so I can compare before and after results when I eventually get this ABT stuff done. I guess we should move over to the Norfolk meet thread and see if there is enough interest to see if we can do a half day or something. If not enough interest we can always just stop off there, although i have a feeling Ian and DD will want to get theres done aswell"

I will contact Clive Atthowe to find out what he would charge for a half or full day, or if he would just do a reduced rate per car for multiple cars, if anybody is interested?

#29 ·
Guys if the scottish one doesnt happen ill coming to meet you guys?? buggar the milage i dont care hehe ROAD TRIP!

#30 ·
I am happy to come to a Scottish one but after consideration (and already three trips this summer up north), I couldn't fit the Scottish one in as it was too close to school restarting (unfair on children to drag them all that way).

That said, an Autumn Scottish meet would be good with a weekend break booked in at one of those hotels around loch lomond. So, if this one doesnt work for Scotland, lets see if we can do one later.

It would be good to see you come down on this one if you can though.

I am happy to join in at the dyno. Would be interesting to see how mine compares with the APS remap.

#31 ·
Hi Robb

I'm taking delivery tomorrow on a 58 plate but obviously can't drive it until it's taxed on the 1st Sept.... i'm over in Lincs so will 99.9% come over for the meet.. will probably be the first good run out that it'll have... :)

See you then

Cheers

Neil

#32 ·
Hi RedShed,

Excellent, I really feel for you though, taking delivery and not being able to drive it. Should be quite a good turn out, and finally some colour :) :D.

Suppose we should make some final arrangements for a meeting place/food/bbq, I still havnt had chance to look for this road we discussed at the last meet. Will try and do it Sunday evening.

1. dbs2 - phantom black A5 3.0
2. doubledoom - phantom black S5
3. robb - phantom black A5 1.8
4. ianhp1 - phantom black S5
5. pinkpanther - phantom black S5
6. cabtilx - phantom black S5 - coming along in current car though
7. marmin - quartz grey A5 3.0 Tip - if car arrives
8. SBJ - phantom black A5 3.0
9. RedShed - sprint blue S5
10. 1mpg - S5 not sure about colour - POSSIBLE
11. Jen - ice silver A5 3.0 - POSSIBLE

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.