Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here can anyone help with pairing the n95 to bluetooth and the SAP facility, I can get the phone paired but cannot transfer the contacts and how does the txts appear in the mmi screen is there something I should be doing

Thanks

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You should be able to find the answers in this thread.

Also, read me.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TX, I did try the search but there was so much that didn't refer to the N95 i decided to post.

But does anyone know about the SAP and has anyone actually had txts appear on the mmi screen

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Thanks TX, I did try the search but there was so much that didn't refer to the N95 i decided to post.
It refers to the N range and funnily enough the N95 is part of the N range. I have an N95 and that was what prompted that thread and on the first post it says it works on the N95.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It refers to the N range and funnily enough the N95 is part of the N range. I have an N95 and that was what prompted that thread and on the first post it says it works on the N95.
???? As I'm new am I missing something your thread came up 15th on the list when i searched for nokia n95 try it and see

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
TX's link shows the thread in full.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
thankyou, I take it no one has had their texts appear on the mmi screen

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
text messages appear on screen with my N95.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can't get mine can you explain what I need to do or how this is done

Thanks again
(sorry for being a pain)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
1 - make sure your N95 is running the latest firmware (nokia OVI suite should take care of that).
2 - make sure sim access profile is turned on. (on the phone).
3 - check your car MMI version number. There was an update between 4690 and 5170 that dealt with some bluetooth issues and the nokia N phones were noted apparantly.
4 - make sure the sim card icon appears on the MMI screen and not the mobile phone icon (that means SAP is turned off. If so, you need to turn it on, delete the connection to the phone on the car and reconnect and authorise).

If you check the thread below you will see proof that you can see text messages on screen with an N95.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/sms-functionality-602/index.html?t=602&highlight=nokia

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - make sure your N95 is running the latest firmware (nokia OVI suite should take care of that).
3 - check your car MMI version number. There was an update between 4690 and 5170 that dealt with some bluetooth issues and the nokia N phones were noted apparantly.
4 - make sure the sim card icon appears on the MMI screen and not the mobile phone icon (that means SAP is turned off. If so, you need to turn it on, delete the connection to the phone on the car and reconnect and authorise).

If you check the thread below you will see proof that you can see text messages on screen with an N95.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/sms-functionality-602/index.html?t=602&highlight=nokia
make sure sim access profile is turned on. (on the phone) cant find this on my phone am I blind

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
You can tell if its on as you get a sim card icon on the MMI screen. If its off you get a mobile phone icon on the MMI screen.

Select the bluetooth icon on the N95. 4th option down is called Remote Sim mode and that should be on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't have an N95, however have managed to pair a Blackberry 8310 and an HTC Touch Diamond OK - ensuring Remote Sim Access is enabled seems to be the key - once paired you get the SIm card Icon and a strangth meter for the signal. I've had no problem recieving texts, a little envelope pops up on the screen - now all I need is to find a way of speaking a reply to the text, sure I read somewhere it could be done?

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cant get the icon all i get is bluetooth symble and strength meter any suggestions i now get the phone book

·
Registered
361 Posts

Until very recently, all Nokia S60 Smartphones failed miserably with the Audi bluetooth kits. The only way to get the address book into the car was to use the Nokia 810 Downloader which has been mentioned on many threads and forums.

Recent firmware updates for the Nokia N series or E series have sneaked in the essential PBAP (Phone Book Access Protocol) that has been missing. I say "sneaked in" because it is not highlighted in the specs so hopefully somebody at Nokia finally realised why their expensive top of the line phones were not working when their cheap and ancient phones had no problems!

As DoubleDoom has said, ensure you have the latest firmware in your Nokia E or N series phone, and that should hopefully make it possible. The firmware update would have to be fairly recent, perhaps mid 2008 onwards although some N95 devices seem to have received the feature somewhat earlier? Nokia firmware updates on most E series and N series phones can be performed either over the air or via a PC using the Nokia Updater software freely available on the Nokia website.

With my E71 and the latest firmware, the car can now see Address Books, Missed Calls, Dialled Calls, Received Calls, Text Messages.

If you have the latest firmware, and still have problems, use the Setup menu on the car from the Telephone menu and Reset the phone. This will wipe all knowledge of your phone from the car. Then, on your handset, go to the Bluetooth menu and select Pairings. Remove the existing pairing to the car. Swith on the Remote SIM (sometime shown as SIM Access Profile or SAP). Make sure the phone is "Discoverable" (or not "Hidden"), and try to Pair the phone to the car again.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Until very recently, all Nokia S60 Smartphones failed miserably with the Audi bluetooth kits. The only way to get the address book into the car was to use the Nokia 810 Downloader which has been mentioned on many threads and forums.

If you have the latest firmware, and still have problems, use the Setup menu on the car from the Telephone menu and Reset the phone. This will wipe all knowledge of your phone from the car. Then, on your handset, go to the Bluetooth menu and select Pairings. Remove the existing pairing to the car. Swith on the Remote SIM (sometime shown as SIM Access Profile or SAP). Make sure the phone is "Discoverable" (or not "Hidden"), and try to Pair the phone to the car again.
Hi All, I'm another who is having problems. I have the latest firmware on the n95 - 30.??????? I have proper MMI with version number 5070.???????? Reseted both phone and car previous attempts at connection. Remote sim on, bluetooth new pairing, authorized, but I still don't have the sim icon on the MMI display when I press the telephone button. I only get a bluetooth icon and signal strenght. I have managed to use the downloader program but I would rather have the SAP working properly. Oh and I get a car icon on the phone itself.
Anyone have any ideas.:confused::confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi double doom i picked up my s5 on monday same colour and spec as yours have managed to connect n95 by using default code 1234 but cant get sap logo spoke to dealer and he said n95 will not work wiyh audi spoke to audi uk they said same can you tell me how i know if my phone has ovi suite and how i know about mmi upgrade realy pissed of with audi as i paid extra £6oo for bluetooth prep high to work with n95 and they are now telling me this is not pos but you have managed to.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The N95 works fine with S5 and bluetooth high. A number of us are having no problems. You dont get 100% functionality and its not on the official audi list yet but their list isnt updated often.

When you connect to the car, does a sim card icon appear on the MMI or a phone icon?

mac, why dont you drop down to the lake district meet at the end of the month. Its not that far for you and you can meet the regulars and we can take a look at the phone at the same time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts