Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to the dealer today to put my order down for the S5 and get on the long waiting list. I already had an idea of all the specs and colours that I wanted based on the 2008 order guide and config on the website.

When I sat down to go through it all with the dealer, we noticed that the "stainless steel inlays" option is no longer listed in the 2009 order guide. I really like this look instead of the carbon fibre inlay. Its still available as an option in the US. My dealer wasn't sure if one could still order this in Canada for 2009, but was going to call Audi Canada.

Anyone else know anything about this?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct me if I am wrong, but you couldn't select the carbon fibre with the stainless steel inlay for 2008. Are you sure you aren't thinking about the brushed aluminum inlay?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, my bad, I was thinking about the aluminum inlays.
Yeah..I really liked the stainless steel texture inlays, because it also had a "piano black" border to the center shifter area..very classy. The brushed aluminum can look a little on the cheap side

·
Registered
483 Posts
When I sat down to go through it all with the dealer, we noticed that the "stainless steel inlays" option is no longer listed in the 2009 order guide. I really like this look instead of the carbon fibre inlay. Its still available as an option in the US. My dealer wasn't sure if one could still order this in Canada for 2009, but was going to call Audi Canada.

Anyone else know anything about this?
i went to Agincourt Audi (not the one i ordered from) and we went through the order guide as well, the stainless steel inlays and drive select were not on the guide...

i've also talked to my dealer. he also told me that he doesn't see the stainless steel inlays in the guide, but he did mentioned that drive select is an option for 09, but he doesn't know how much it will cost.

pod, if you are ordering, please also inquire about custom paint colours (colours in the Audi range such as Daytona Gray and Suzuka Gray, not any random colour). my dealer told me 3500, but Agincourt told me 3000. Just want a confirmation. i'll take issue with my dealer if he sticks to 3500 and i found that it's less else where.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i went to Agincourt Audi (not the one i ordered from) and we went through the order guide as well, the stainless steel inlays and drive select were not on the guide...

i've also talked to my dealer. he also told me that he doesn't see the stainless steel inlays in the guide, but he did mentioned that drive select is an option for 09, but he doesn't know how much it will cost.

pod, if you are ordering, please also inquire about custom paint colours (colours in the Audi range such as Daytona Gray and Suzuka Gray, not any random colour). my dealer told me 3500, but Agincourt told me 3000. Just want a confirmation. i'll take issue with my dealer if he sticks to 3500 and i found that it's less else where.
I can check with my dealer (Autohaus). What colour are u thinking of? Daytona gray is beautiful but I can't justify the extra cost

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my dealer quoted 3500 for custom paint..

·
Registered
483 Posts
Can anyone confirm that for the 2009 model year A5 in Canada, the Side Assist and the Rearview Camera is now part of the Tech Package (which requires the Nav package)? Dealer told me that that's the case....but i just want confirmation.

I've just been told by my dealer that I can't get Daytona Gray for my car :(
(yes, i finally convinced myself to shell out the extra dough for Daytona; but I've been told it can't be done b/c they can't put in into the system)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can anyone confirm that for the 2009 model year A5 in Canada, the Side Assist and the Rearview Camera is now part of the Tech Package (which requires the Nav package)? Dealer told me that that's the case....but i just want confirmation.

I've just been told by my dealer that I can't get Daytona Gray for my car :(
(yes, i finally convinced myself to shell out the extra dough for Daytona; but I've been told it can't be done b/c they can't put in into the system)
My dealer didn't seem to think it would be a problem special ordering Daytona Gray for my S5. (although we didn't try to push it through as it wasn't my first choice).

I'm looking at the A5 Canada Order Guide.

two options are:
1) Tech package: Adaptive headlights, Advanced Key, Audi Side Assist

2) Nav: Colour driver display, Rear Parking Camera.

They look like separate options and not linked to each other

·
Registered
483 Posts
My dealer didn't seem to think it would be a problem special ordering Daytona Gray for my S5. (although we didn't try to push it through as it wasn't my first choice).

I'm looking at the A5 Canada Order Guide.

two options are:
1) Tech package: Adaptive headlights, Advanced Key, Audi Side Assist

2) Nav: Colour driver display, Rear Parking Camera.

They look like separate options and not linked to each other
Ok good thanks. I just need to know is that it's part of either package b/c I want it on my car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok good thanks. I just need to know is that it's part of the either package b/c I want it on my car.
what time frame has your dealer quoted you for delivery?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
late July/early August. My assigned production week is the 28th week of 2008 (week of July 7th).
wow..thats great, not too far from now. When did you put your order in? I put mine in recently and have been quoted anywere from 6-12 months.

·
Registered
483 Posts
wow..thats great, not too far from now. When did you put your order in? I put mine in recently and have been quoted anywere from 6-12 months.
long story....

I initially ordered an S5 in mid Feb. I took over the spot of someone who'd ordered around Christmas in 07. As of last week when I spoke to my dealer, it's still in the IS order bank (i.e., not allocated) along with 4 other S5 (both manual and tip) for that dealership (he claimed that the dealership stopped taking order for the S5 and that's why the queue is only 5 cars long). He however offered me a A5 with S line that has been allocated and is sitting in the factory order bank. The beauty of this A5 slot is that I can still change its config to the way I want it because actual production is still more than a month away. Apparently this car was ordered in mid March and was just given an allocation. I took his offer for the A5 (made easier by recent trend in gas prices), but i still kept my deposit on the S5 just in case it gets allocated over the next couple months.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
long story....

I initially ordered an S5 in mid Feb. I took over the spot of someone who'd ordered around Christmas in 07. As of last week when I spoke to my dealer, it's still in the IS order bank (i.e., not allocated) along with 4 other S5 (both manual and tip) for that dealership (he claimed that the dealership stopped taking order for the S5 and that's why the queue is only 5 cars long). He however offered me a A5 with S line that has been allocated and is sitting in the factory order bank. The beauty of this A5 slot is that I can still change its config to the way I want it because actual production is still more than a month away. Apparently this car was ordered in mid March and was just given an allocation. I took his offer for the A5 (made easier by recent trend in gas prices), but i still kept my deposit on the S5 just in case it gets allocated over the next couple months.

If you end up with the A5, and decide to give up your spot at your dealership for the S5..keep in mind a fellow a5oc member:) I would happily take over your deposit and maybe move a few months ahead of my current spot

·
Registered
483 Posts
Pod, i'll shoot you a PM if i decide to give up my spot for the S5 when i pick up the A5. In the meantime, for the benefit of everyone here, please post the Canadian 2009 A5/S5 order guide if you have them. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts