Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
So here goes, had some crackling noises coming from the rear speakers for a couple of weeks then boom the one in the boot has totally packed in or at least i thought that was the problem until i took it out and tried it on a different speaker outlet and it's working so no power coming from the two outlets + & - on the back of the radio tuner.
All other speakers ports are working as tried them today.

Any ideas please ?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Thanks for reply I'm a bit new on here.
It's not got an amplifier not an external one anyway just the radio tuner and as above I've traced it back to the source I'm just unsure if it could be anything else or will I need a new unit or is there something else I'm missing ?

· Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Mate one of the very well known problems with these cars is the fact that water enters into the boot when you open it in the rain. Try removing everything and drying her out and then cover everything (wires connections and stuff) in WD40.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the heads up I seen this in earlier post and have tried that but the problem tacks back to the Harman/ Becker unit the only two speaker outlets that aren't giving out any power is the one's leading to the rear sub in the boot.. I'm not sure if I can interchange that unit or is it only a like for like part number is 4G0 035 056D
I'd much appreciate it if someone had a list if there is one of unit's that can fit in other than that one. Think it has a very small amp built internally but I may be wrong

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the internal amp must have blown as it was making a few noises previous to it just going off altogether and searched a few post on here to suggest it could be that the amp has blown. Been looking for a replacement but seems there's so many different options for the 4G0 035 056
Mine hasa D on the end and not sure what all the different variations are ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.