Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yes, the screen is smaller if there is no SATNAV. Not sure by how much though.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hi

In this thread:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/hey-368/index.html?p=4000

Somebody mentioned that if you don't have Sat Nav then you get a smaller MMI screen?

Can anyone confirm if this is the case? I've looked at lots of photos but I can't tell the difference. The dealer certainly didn't mention it :mad:

Thanks

Stoatie
Stoatie,
My understanding is that the screen is slightly different for the Satnav system. In the UK brochure, all A5/S5s come with a 6.5" screen as standard, and I believe that the Satnav comes with a 7" screen, but I could be wrong about this as I can't find any reference to it in the sales brochure. It was something my dealer mentioned when I was ordering my car though. Best to check with your dealer if you want a definitive answer.

As to retro-fitting the Satnav, even this were possible, I would think it would be prohibitively expensive. Seeing as Audi charge £2000 in the UK for the system in the first place, fitting it as a retro-fit item would be approximately double that (as a guess, assuming you could find a dealer willing to arrange it for you) so really not worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts