Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wanted to say that I have cancelled my S5 order yesterday.

Why your probably thinking......

Well nothing to do with the car its great, but somthing has pulled through for me and means I can now move up the ladder. Not going to say what it is yet but, i've had a deposit on it since March 2007 and should be taking delivery sometime late next year....and its going to be a killer car :D

If anyone is looking for a spec similar to the one in my signature, Slough Audi will take delivery of the car in January, as I've cancelled after the car has been confirmed....so if your in a hurry for an S5 I would give them a bell.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
R8 ?????? Come on stop messing you can tell us, we wont tell anyone !!! :)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Nope not an R8 - preformance and handling wise this car will run circles around the R8 and its not an Audi. Thats all i'm saying.

Nissan GTR?

·
Registered
50 Posts
since he's been on the waiting list for so long, i would think its either a ferrari or an aston... :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
mini cooper

·
Registered
314 Posts
Lambo..........

·
Registered
677 Posts
GTR.
I am currently on 3 lists. However I will wait till somewhere near sticker. Also I figure that of the 6 Nissan dealers in my area only 2 have a shot of getting 1 GTR total next year. 2 dealers have told me $20k over sticker. No thanks.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Well, since he didn't deny the GTR that must be what it is....:)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, since he didn't deny the GTR that must be what it is....:)
Yeh Sizzle, GTR it is. :D

Not sure what colour I will get though as im not so sure white suits it (the colour I wanted to begin with) , was thinking red or gun metal grey. Black looks good and really mean but can't really see the details of the car.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Gun Metal Grey is HOT, I love that color on the car.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Probably a well performing car, but don't think I could make the switch from an S5 to a GTR. To me it is switching from an Audi to a Nissan, in a racer-boy style.

It's like comparing an M3 to a Subaru, or a Lambo to an NSX - the difference on performance may not be huge, but as far as image and quality go, different worlds....... But it is a matter of different bites for different likes

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Probably a well performing car, but don't think I could make the switch from an S5 to a GTR. To me it is switching from an Audi to a Nissan, in a racer-boy style.

It's like comparing an M3 to a Subaru, or a Lambo to an NSX - the difference on performance may not be huge, but as far as image and quality go, different worlds....... But it is a matter of different bites for different likes
Thr GTR is a car that i've wanted since the days of the R33 Skyline GTR - long before it became popular and well known due to Gran Turismo on the PSX . I always aspired to have this car but was never in the position to afford it back then (was only a kid :rolleyes:).

I'm not a badge snob so going from Audi to Nissan is no big deal to me. The GTR heritage is almost legendary and thats enough for me. For me its all about the car and what it can do. Yeh, I probably wont even use half of the cars full potential, but just knowing that if I wanted to, or needed to, I could....gives me a buzz.

Oh and I wasn't comparing it to the S5, these are two totally different kinds of cars. It just so happens that I'm in the lucky position to spend that little bit more and can now have the car I always wanted. :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Thr GTR is a car that i've wanted since the days of the R33 Skyline GTR - long before it became popular and well known due to Gran Turismo on the PSX . I always aspired to have this car but was never in the position to afford it back then (was only a kid :rolleyes:).

I'm not a badge snob so going from Audi to Nissan is no big deal to me. The GTR heritage is almost legendary and thats enough for me. For me its all about the car and what it can do. Yeh, I probably wont even use half of the cars full potential, but just knowing that if I wanted to, or needed to, I could....gives me a buzz.

Oh and I wasn't comparing it to the S5, these are two totally different kinds of cars. It just so happens that I'm in the lucky position to spend that little bit more and can now have the car I always wanted. :D

Sounds like quite a car from the reviews I have seen. Really don't know too much about them to be honest. I am not real keen on its looks frankly--I think the R8 is a far more impressive appearing car but again to each his/her own.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.