Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did the ultimate stupid move and wore brand new black unwashed jeans on my pearl silver interior S5 seats. Sure before I got in the thought of dye transfer crossed my mind , but I figured, "Eh I am just going a short distance." Boy was I wrong!!!!!!!

After just 20 minutes my pearl silver seats had silhouettes shaped like my legs and I was completely and utterly disgusted! So I went and bought everything from Mcguires, to Tanners, to even upholstery cleaner in an attempt to get the dye out. These products lightened it so it now just looked like my seats were simply dirty, but who wants that!!! Pearl Silver is an awesome color, but not when it's dirty.

But I was determined. So I called detailers and dry cleaners and explained the situation and everyone pretty much said there was nothing they could do. They weren't even willing to touch the car. Some did offer to respray it, but I didn't trust that and figured it could change the texture. I even considered just having Audi replace the base of the seat, but they wanted $1200 including labor which was ridiculous.

Just when I was about to order the LTT Maxi Cleaner, I decided to call Meurice Garment Care. They have 3 sites, but I went to their headquarters in the Bronx, Ny and my, my MY! My seats now look brand new, have been scotch guarded, and it cost me 1/10th the price that Audi was going to charge me to replace the leather. So to all of you that have pearl silver seats in the NY/Tristate area and made the same mistake I made, try Meurice Garment Care.

They are really professional and friendly

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Very interesting.... If my Silver seats are clean can I Scotch Guard them then? Has anyone done this?

Cheers
RG

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure you can because most dealers at least in the U.S offer it as an option at the time of sale and well my seats just were scotch guarded after getting the dye cleaned out. The only thing I can't answer is the difference in terms of professionally having it done vs. doing it yourself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will be there.

·
Registered
230 Posts
glad to hear it worked out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts