Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2.7TDI Multitronic in Sahara Silver yesterday. Its superb.

A strange thing though....

It has arrived with no rear model or engine inscription. I did not select this option and the dealer confirms this, but they say that a few have 'come through' with no inscription even when this option was not selected. They have ordered the badges.

I didnt notice until I got home and the dealer hadnt spotted it either.

Anybody else heard of this?

JB.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Badge guy musta been on holiday that day :)

A mistake I suppose. Not that big a deal if the dealer are putting it on anyway. Just make sure they put it on straight and in the right place!! I'd be a bit paranoid, leaving it to the dealership to put it on correctly. That's just me though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Just make sure they put it on straight and in the right place!! I'd be a bit paranoid, leaving it to the dealership to put it on correctly. That's just me though :rolleyes:
Very good point, Rab! I know if I were installing it myself, I'd be very meticulous and measure the distance from the trunk (a/k/a, boot) edges for proper vertical/horizontal placement using another A5 as reference. I'd also use a level to ensure I was putting the emblem on straight, since your eyes can be very deceiving when dealing with small things like that. Hopefully the person at the dealership who ends up installing it will be just as meticulous.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Johnboyle
I got my A5 3.0TDI from Hadwins in Cumbria as well, and I have absolutely no worries that they will do the job right. I have found them great throughout the whole process. I have had a couple of minor problems that I have had to go back with (see thread on "Sunroof cracking" a couple of days ago - the other problem was a faulty switch) and they have fixed them both straight away - no hassle. I went to them even though they are 80 miles away from where I live - based on recommendation.
By the way - mine came from them with badge.!!! and I have had
the car 3 weeks.
And Finally - NO - I don't work for Hadwins

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Badge guy musta been on holiday that day :)

A mistake I suppose. Not that big a deal if the dealer are putting it on anyway. Just make sure they put it on straight and in the right place!! I'd be a bit paranoid, leaving it to the dealership to put it on correctly. That's just me though :rolleyes:
I agree! How can I be sure they put the things in the right place?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Johnboyle
I got my A5 3.0TDI from Hadwins in Cumbria as well, and I have absolutely no worries that they will do the job right. I have found them great throughout the whole process. I have had a couple of minor problems that I have had to go back with (see thread on "Sunroof cracking" a couple of days ago - the other problem was a faulty switch) and they have fixed them both straight away - no hassle. I went to them even though they are 80 miles away from where I live - based on recommendation.
By the way - mine came from them with badge.!!! and I have had
the car 3 weeks.
And Finally - NO - I don't work for Hadwins
Hi Ian, thanks for that. It is my first time with Hadwins having bought my five previous Audis from another dealer who now seems to have lost the plot. Like you I have been very impressed with their service so far and whilst I only have to travel 60 miles to get to them I'd rather do that than drive 20 miles to my old dealer. I too had a switch problem (memory seats) and that was solved with no problem. I like their friendly, 'non-corporate', style.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I agree! How can I be sure they put the things in the right place?
I would simply ask them what process they intend to use for ensuring the placement is an exact match to factory placement. Also, you could request to observe them while they work on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts