Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I go to check my oil level on the MMI display - it says - 'no info on oil level is available'???

Has anyone else had this? What shall i do?:confused:

·
Registered
34 Posts
this subject has been covered a bunch already..... buy a dip stick

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea but mine used to tell me how much oil was in... and now has suddenly stopped

·
Registered
35 Posts
Interesting. I haven't experienced this problem but, did you try checking the oil level via MMI when the car engine is not running?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
When I go to check my oil level on the MMI display - it says - 'no info on oil level is available'???

Has anyone else had this? What shall i do?:confused:
You have to drive the car for a bit, it won't show you anything when you first start the car. Once the oil is warmed up properly and you select it again then it will show you the oil level.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Has it been in to the dealers for anything?

Mine has been in twice over the last 2 months, once for a broken DRL and once for a recall. Both times I had this same message appear but it went back to normal after a couple of hours driving.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The weather must have something to do with it then, Its all snow and ice, also the fact that i only drove for 10 min today.

Got a long drive tomorrow so hopefully all will be ok.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine has just started doing this !!!

Used to be able to read the oil level on the 'car' menu but now just says 'no oil information available'

Weird but it has only happened after I topped up the washer reservoir yesterday .

Also on start up , it now shows me the oil level reading on the dial console between the speedo and rev counter for a couple of seconds.

Phoned Audi dealer but they tell me can't fit me in until w/c 5/1 -- guess will have to live with it until then but just wondered if anyone else has experienced similar

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Mine works when engine is running and I'm driving, have you tried that?

Cheers
RG

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I've experienced this a few times - seems there's a somewhat complex interlock relationship between the bonnet (hood) sensor, oil temp sensor and maybe some other components.

Apparently when you open/close the bonnet, the DIS will display oil level at the next start-up. And no MMI level will display until the oil is at working temp. However, thereafter, it should display whenever the engine is running.

That said, I topped-up the oil last week and for some 2-3 days therafter, I was shown the 'No info.....' message constantly, in all conditions. Wasn't terribly fussed as I'd just topped-up so wasn't about to panic about the levels, but it was strange nevertheless.

The condition cured itself a few days later. No rhyme or reason to it - I may ask the dealer to look at it when it goes in for service in a month or two, but it's one of those things that's unlikely to oblige by recreating itself......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts