Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've never owned an Audi before, and I just keep reading about Vag-Com updates. tried to search within the forum but "vag-com" for some reason doesn't get searched :s. Anyway what is it?! I know it's a system update
What is it?
Where can I do it?
Who does it?
When :eek:?
HOW is it done?

Cheers peeps:)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hey guys, I've never owned an Audi before, and I just keep reading about Vag-Com updates. tried to search within the forum but "vag-com" for some reason doesn't get searched :s. Anyway what is it?! I know it's a system update
What is it?
Where can I do it?
Who does it?
HOW is it done?

Try taking the hyphen out and searching for 'vagcom' you'll get loads of hits then. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
What is it?
Where can I do it?
Who does it?
HOW is it done?

It's a sexual site !! :p

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I See what it is.. do the updates strip off the warranty?? and do car shops normally have them????

·
Registered
750 Posts
I See what it is.. do the updates strip off the warranty?? and do car shops normally have them????

The main thing to worry about is when you get your car serviced; a normal practice for the dealer (especially on the S5/A5) is to flash your computer to the latest version available...then BOOM...bye-bye VAGCOM mods (happened to me twice). Most dealers are (usually) not willing to do any of the mods, with the exception of a small handful (like voice control for your phone, etc.). Plus, they don't use the same application as Ross Tech's.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The main thing to worry about is when you get your car serviced; a normal practice for the dealer (especially on the S5/A5) is to flash your computer to the latest version available...then BOOM...bye-bye VAGCOM mods (happened to me twice). Most dealers are (usually) not willing to do any of the mods, with the exception of a small handful (like voice control for your phone, etc.). Plus, they don't use the same application as Ross Tech's.
thats why I bought the VAGCOM cable.... :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
VAG-COM now known as VCDS turns your Windows Desktop or Laptop PC into a powerful diagnostic tool for VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda from 1990 through the latest models. VCDS is able to perform the same diagnostic functions as the factory scan tools. Unlike Generic OBD-II scanners, VCDS allows you to access all of the diagnostics-capable modules in those vehicles including Airbags (SRS), ABS Brakes, Instrument Cluster, etc.

Mods are usually done by altering the factory coding. These mods are only changing factory parameters and does not modify the module with aftermarket software. That being said, we have not had any reports of a warranty being voided after using VAG-COM. In fact, VWOA uses it at the ports to "turn on" every car imported.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I was checking my MMI after the first 5K service on Monday... they did not re-flash my ECU. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts