Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As best as I can tell, A5s & S5s do not come with or offer HD Radio as an option. Can anyone tell me differently?

HD Radio is an amazing advancement; not only do you get digital clear radio broadcasts, but you get more channels overall AND an iPod integration function that can record your comments to purchase music you've just heard - for later on your iTunes when you synch up!

Let's hope the 2009 A5/S5 models offer this choice, as it's very short sighted of Audi to overlook this.

GTL

·
Registered
463 Posts
No, Audi doesn't have HD radio, but I'm sure there are aftermarket HD tuners out there. Anyway the S5 has a nice tune comming out the back, so you tend to lower your radio volume :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
No, Audi doesn't have HD radio, but I'm sure there are aftermarket HD tuners out there. Anyway the S5 has a nice tune comming out the back, so you tend to lower your radio volume :)
Funny guy! :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
In the UK we have the option of D.A.B radio (Digital Audio Broadcasting),extra stations,no hiss or crackle,works quite well:) It was a £300 extra on my 3.0TDI.

Mal..

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Should be standard on my £40+k 3.0 S-line but so should a glovebox light etc. etc....

·
Registered
249 Posts
HD radio is available in the US now on A5 & S5 cars. Either standard with the Prestige, or optional with the PremPlus by adding the Nav.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Actually, HD radio is terrible. It sounds artificial and hallow, most people actually turns the HD off. Not only that, it has a tendency to tune in and out due to reception as it changes from Digital to Analog signals.

FYI, HD is NOT High Definition, it stands for Hybridized-Digital-analog signal. For more info, follow the link : HD Radio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 - 8 of 8 Posts