Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell is going on?? :confused: :mad: I placed my order middle of Jan and the dealer still can't get a build date. He said he is contacting the manufacturer directly but about the issue but to na avail?? Damn I would understand this if I was ordering an exotic like a Lambo or Ferrari but on an Audi, come on! I probably will have to wait till end of the year to get it delivered if they keep this tempo up :eek: :mad: .

Is this normal, have any of you also had to wait over 3 weeks just to get a build date?

·
Registered
22 Posts
*laughs*

M8, I ordered mine in october, still has no prod date.
My dealer said last week that they are saying to new customers: 6 months delivery.

3 weeks....lol!

/J

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes this was directed at our Euro members, I know our American friends have it three times as bad. But you get the car a lot cheaper so it kind of evens out I think.

Anyway originally I was told that the car would be available after 6 weeks. 6 months would be a bit of a shock to me. Also the dealers here usually get a build date one or two days after making the order in the system (as they say), so they say it is strange that they did not get a date up until now.

Also sorry about the ranting, I am just a bit pissed that I was told differently by the dealer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to everyone for keeping this thread going, but I need to ask your opinion on one issue.

I just got the build dates. Week 25 without sunroof and week 33 with sunroof. Damn 2 more months waiting for the sunroof :mad: ?!? Do any of you think it is worth the wait or should I just get rid of that option?? :confused:

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've got the "open sky system" on my A3 and what a waste of money that was. It hardly gets opened and seems to add a whole load of wind noise to my car even when closed.

Go without, I'd say.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for your input. I decided to take out the sunroof and have the A5 to play with for at least the second half of summer. Also I decided to go with the brushed aluminum inlays other than the Piano Black as to light up the interior a bit more if I will not have the sunroof to do that. Have any of you seen the Brushed Aluminum in person? Does it look good or tacky?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Thanks guys for your input. I decided to take out the sunroof and have the A5 to play with for at least the second half of summer. Also I decided to go with the brushed aluminum inlays other than the Piano Black as to light up the interior a bit more if I will not have the sunroof to do that. Have any of you seen the Brushed Aluminum in person? Does it look good or tacky?
'
Yes, it's standard in the S5 interior in the UK and looks fantastic. I can't see why anyone would change it for a cost-option... Althought the stainless mesh does look the business!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got asked the same question and binned the sunroof with no hesitation. It seems a relatively expensive option and the car is fine without it (I only ordered one because I had backed down from exclusive paint and the money saved was burning a hole in my pocket). Also, there seem to have been long running manufacturing delays with the sunroof and I was not confident that they would be resolved without further delay.

Nice spec car incidentally, much the same as my order except I have Garnet Red metallic and 20 spoke wheels... I called the dealership today, but still don't have a build week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.