Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just realised that our new car doesn't have a 12v socket in boot. Clearly as my car was pre-ordered I had no chance to tick the storage pack box.

Has anyone retro fitted one?

Any tips would be helpful.

Cheers

RG

·
Registered
366 Posts
Just realised that our new car doesn't have a 12v socket in boot. Clearly as my car was pre-ordered I had no chance to tick the storage pack box.

Has anyone retro fitted one?

Any tips would be helpful.

Cheers

RG
Looking at the boot from the rear of the car with the boot lid open, the 12v socket is officially on the right hand side in the recess, at the furthest end from the boot opening. Not sure if a wiring loom passes through underneath to make the retrofit that much easier?

Alternatively, on the left hand side, there is a cubby-hole with a small handle to open the panel. Behind the panel, there are the electronics for the SatNav, DAB, TV, B&O amplifier, etc, depending on the options fitted in your car. I suspect it is a lot easier to fit a 12v socket on that side of the car since an obliging 12v power cable would be a lot more accessible on that side?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Deepmeister

RG

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
There is wiring and fuses behind the panel on the RHS. Some electronic modules are tucked away in there and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the 12V socket plugged in behind there somewhere.

Let me do some research - not promising anything though ;)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Sorry, I had to re-install my PC last week and have yet to re-install ETKA. I'll have a look as soon as I can. To be honest, I also forgot about this thread :eek:

·
Registered
114 Posts
have yet to re-install ETKA.
Do you have a version of ETKA that includes the A5? mThe one i have (ETKA7) does not have it...does it appear after applying any updates?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Do you have a version of ETKA that includes the A5? mThe one i have (ETKA7) does not have it...does it appear after applying any updates?
Yes you need to install the updates to add the A5 to the system. I've no idea which one it appears in though. It's best to keep applying the updates as they become available.

At the moment, I'm having trouble getting EKTA 7.1 to update on my Vista PC after re-installing it. I'll have to boot into my XP partition and look at V7.0 of ETKA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.