Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these aren't available here in the UK, but I might try and get hold of these tyres if they are good.

Anyone on here had any experience with these tyres?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Quattrings uses them and has the ad on the back of European Car to prove it.

If I remember correctly he has a very favorable opinion of them.....

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have read a couple of good reviews online...plus, they look kinda' cool...

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Are they E-Marked for use in Europe? If not, then they'll be illegal to use on our roads.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Thanks for letting me know about that.
Saj, even if you do go ahead and order tyres which are not E-marked for Europe, then you not only risk being caught with illegal tyres, but you also compromise your own safety.

I remember there was a big hype a year ago or so about some asian variants of GoodYear Eagle F1s which were being sold in the European market. They weren't E-marked for sale in Europe, albeit, they were LEGAL in other countries outside of Europe.

People found that they were not lasting long at all, and in some cases, were failing miserably. Reason being that the Silica levels in the Asian tyres was different to those required to be used in Europe, therefore, the different tyre temperatures in this country caused the tyres to wear differently.

Needless to say, everyone who purchased them was able to get their money back fro distrubutors, once it was spotted.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hey Sizzle,

I do like the Nitto Invos very much. I also like the Toyo T1R tire. One of my pet peeves is a tire that is loud and noisy and the Invos (and T1R) definitely don't have that issue unlike some tires, such as the Dunlop SP Sport 9000 or the Falken 452s. The Invos have great performance and grip for days. I actually received news today that they are releasing a 275/30/20 this month. They also are releasing a 295/25 and likely a 265/30. Great all around tires, I highly recommend them.

Quattrings uses them and has the ad on the back of European Car to prove it.

If I remember correctly he has a very favorable opinion of them.....

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Sizzle,

I do like the Nitto Invos very much. I also like the Toyo T1R tire. One of my pet peeves is a tire that is loud and noisy and the Invos (and T1R) definitely don't have that issue unlike some tires, such as the Dunlop SP Sport 9000 or the Falken 452s. The Invos have great performance and grip for days. I actually received news today that they are releasing a 275/30/20 this month. They also are releasing a 295/25 and likely a 265/30. Great all around tires, I highly recommend them.
Any chance you could check if your tyres are "E" rated.....otherwise as Rab has pointed out they won't be legal to use over here in the UK.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have Nitto NT555 on my current car, I assume the Invos are better in some way then the NT555. Any Idea what the difference is between the Invos and the NT555?

Tonny

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have Nitto NT555 on my current car, I assume the Invos are better in some way then the NT555. Any Idea what the difference is between the Invos and the NT555?

Tonny
According to their website the INVO are better in that they are quieter and have better ride comfort. As for wet and dry performance they are suppose to be equal.

INVO is their top of the range street tyre NT555 is one below it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
SAJ,

Do you have more info on the UK 'E' rating? I am familiar with the ('A, AA, B, C' ) ratings etc for temperature, traction and also the speed ratings: (S","T","H","V","W","Y","Z) that the NHTSA mandates on tires sold in the U.S.

I haven't noticed 'E' ratings specified on tire sidewalls before. Is there a different location that I should be looking?

Any chance you could check if your tyres are "E" rated.....otherwise as Rab has pointed out they won't be legal to use over here in the UK.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SAJ,

Do you have more info on the UK 'E' rating? I am familiar with the ('A, AA, B, C' ) ratings etc for temperature, traction and also the speed ratings: (S","T","H","V","W","Y","Z) that the NHTSA mandates on tires sold in the U.S.

I haven't noticed 'E' ratings specified on tire sidewalls before. Is there a different location that I should be looking?
Rab anymore info on this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts