Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just thought i would say hello.

have been scanning the site for about 3 weeks, and had my S5 about 2 weeks. my previous car wasa full spec Mercedes SLK 350

got to say i love the car apart from the low gearing which causes the poor fuel consumption. i bought the demo car from Amersham Audi so it was specced decently but wish mine had the TV function!!

if anyone wants to see pics let me know

·
Registered
275 Posts
glad you like it. i have been following someone's advice here with mine, when in town, driving in traffic, i shift quickly from start from first to third. it cuts the fuel consumption, and makes it pleasant to drive smooth and easy...... it has such easy torque, no need to shift that much.....

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hello Vin, you posted in the A5 section, not that it matters too much. Welcome to the site and yes get some pics up.. I had the digital TV in my last car and never used it !

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome to the site, Vin! Thanks for posting the pics. Your car looks great!

Did you get your windows tinted? (I wasn't sure from the pic if perhaps it was just the lighting that makes the windows appear to be tinted.) If so, were there any issues with getting the back window tinted as has been reported by others?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks

yeah my windows are tinted, 30% on the front and 50% rear. dont think the tint shop had any issues at all. if you need close up pics of the area people are having trouble tinting just give me a shout.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hi Vin, wondered if you'd mind letting on who did the tinting for you? Looks superb btw....

·
Registered
94 Posts
I agree with Blade about the TV. I've ordered an S5 without a TV for the simple reason that I've had a TV in both my current and last car - both 330ci's - and like all novelties, they wear off - in my case about 7 years ago. The only time Í ever use it now is watching/listening to it if I'm stuck in traffic or if I am early for a meeting and need to kill some time!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I do a lot of sitting around in my car such as waiting 25 minutes between two different school finish times. I can watch Escape to the Country now whilst I wait ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know but TV would be useful for me. can it be retrofitted?

does anyone know where the module goes. in the left hand side of the boot (where the nav computer goes) i have an empty slot in the metal cage, is tht where it goes?

thanks

·
Registered
373 Posts
Very nice Vin,i collect my phantom black/pearl sliver in december :D

I am thinking about tinting although not to much,you have done back windscreen 50% and front and back windows 30% or is it just the passanger windows that are done and front is standard :rolleyes:

Looks very well congrats ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I am thinking about tinting although not to much,you have done back windscreen 50% and front and back windows 30% or is it just the passanger windows that are done and front is standard :rolleyes:

thanks
good idea as bright interior will show up. only annoying thing is reversing at night, but you get used to it.

front driver/passenger windows are 30%. rear passenger windows and rear windscreen are 50%.

a lot of people in the UK say tinting front driver/passenger windows is illegal but Pentagon Glass (who are very reputable) say 30% is legal limit and if i ever get caught to mention to the Police where it was done and is entirely legal. i was considering darker on the front but they wanted me to sign a disclaimer so i stuck to the legal limit.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sorry to repeat myself,all windows front passangers and back passangers are 30% tint and back windscreen is 50% that right yeah?

I rang my dealer last week and he is ringing me next week to let me know how much it would be if i wanted it done.
How much did it cost to get yours?

I possible could you post more pics of rear of car just so i can see back screen with tint ;)

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Sorry to repeat myself,all windows front passangers and back passangers are 30% tint and back windscreen is 50% that right yeah?

I rang my dealer last week and he is ringing me next week to let me know how much it would be if i wanted it done.
How much did it cost to get yours?

I possible could you post more pics of rear of car just so i can see back screen with tint ;)

Thanks

Dave
no was 30% front 2 windows
50% on rear passenger windows and rear screen

my dealer paid the tinting bill for me. otherwise is £400.
will take some pics and post them tomorrow for you.

·
Registered
373 Posts
no was 30% front 2 windows
50% on rear passenger windows and rear screen
Excellent,thanks ;)

I think i will work on my dealer to pay the bill also :rolleyes:

Look forward to the pics :)

Cheers

Dave.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.