Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just posted elsewhere on the forum, so thought I'd better introduce myself formally.

I'm not going to be an owner until July of next year (when the lease on my current car expires), but having been smitted by the A5 for ages, and having spent some time on here reading about the experiences of posters, thought I would sign up as a 'soon to be owner'.

Looking forward to posting more as the ordering day arrives - I've spoken to my current lease people about factory lead times and they said order now for late March/early April, although from what some people are saying I need to order now for July!

Anyhow, although the full spec is yet to be selected, I'm aiming for a 3.0 Tdi in Quartz Grey. Of course I want every possible option I can afford, but my head has been turned by those fabulous 19" Y-shaped alloys!:)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Welcome Bifta. U have to wait till July, I really feel for u, that's ages away. I've been waiting 3 months so far and the wait is killer, but not much longer as my car is now on the production line :)

Anyway hope you enjoy the forum as much as I have, it helps pass the time waiting for the car.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Welcome to the site Bifta. No worries about not being an A5 onwer. Post your opinions, suggestions etc... any time.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hello and welcome :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers all, thanks for the welcome

It is a long wait, so i'm looking at it as one of those kind of Zen experiences. By rights, I should be developing some amazing sense of inner calm, but in fact I'm foaming at the mouth!

I have checked out the cost of paying off my lease early, and was quoted two of my current monthly rentals. When I added that to the cost of the three up front payments I'll have to make on the A5, I went for a bit of a lie down.

Counting the days though. And hours and minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Welcome!

I'd agree with the ordering part... order now and you'll avoid any dissapointment with late delivery.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sound advice Rab.

I don't usually bother with new year's resolutions, but on this occasion, I'm going to adopt just one.

January 2nd - order car!

G

·
Hi all

Just posted elsewhere on the forum, so thought I'd better introduce myself formally.

I'm not going to be an owner until July of next year (when the lease on my current car expires), but having been smitted by the A5 for ages, and having spent some time on here reading about the experiences of posters, thought I would sign up as a 'soon to be owner'.

Looking forward to posting more as the ordering day arrives - I've spoken to my current lease people about factory lead times and they said order now for late March/early April, although from what some people are saying I need to order now for July!

Anyhow, although the full spec is yet to be selected, I'm aiming for a 3.0 Tdi in Quartz Grey. Of course I want every possible option I can afford, but my head has been turned by those fabulous 19" Y-shaped alloys!:)
i'm not sure he should be allowed on here without a car, wadda ya reckon fella's :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
i reckon..even though this is an 'owners' club website..all who are interested in the car should be allowed to post..after all..there arent that many true 'owners' yet..people who are waiting for their cars want to know everything there is..and the owners who have the cars such as myself can bring up topics/issues which have come up whilst owning the car..i have had valuable info and questions answered by people who still have yet to take delivery..so lets all get on together... :)

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
i reckon..even though this is an 'owners' club website..all who are interested in the car should be allowed to post..after all..there arent that many true 'owners' yet..people who are waiting for their cars want to know everything there is..and the owners who have the cars such as myself can bring up topics/issues which have come up whilst owning the car..i have had valuable info and questions answered by people who still have yet to take delivery..so lets all get on together... :)
Pardon the major tongue-in-cheekage going on in this thread, funkymoola. No one is serious about basically gutting the usership of this forum! At Audi's current pace, we'd have some issues!

G

·
padded no doubt:D
of course, the padded leather would come from the finest Bavarian Cows with a lovely prancing horse embedded into it, the sound of an exquisite engine note would be fed into said room and i would be known as 'Don Elstimpo'
:eek: :eek: :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts