Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Great to see such a well populated and welcoming forum up and running. I have a A5 2.0Tdi Sport on the way, est delivery in early March 09. Have been a bit tick-happy with the options list, but I think the result will be worth it :cool: I have been lurking on here for a while and have got lots of advice on options, engines etc so thanks to all who have helped me choose!

One point I see is that some have had cars delivered with options missing, or extra ones. How common is this with Audi? It's my first you see, having been a customer of VW for years.

Thanks again for all your advice over the last few months, even though you didn't know you were providing it!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Mat - Visiting here will certainly help pass the time while your waiting :D

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome! Glad to hear the forum has been quite helpful to you. :)

Congrats on soon becoming an A5 owner!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Welcome Mat - I'm sure you'll soon have the post count rising - the car and forum are a bit addictive.

As for incorrect options I've had a few new Audis and never had a problem - always delivered what was on the order sheet.

Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Mat. I am in the same boat as you with a 2.0TDI S line on the way. Had the dealer call today to say it should be ready on the 9th March. Just got to try and occupy myself with other things until then.

I hope Audi can get it right. My dealer included details of each option on the order sheet. For example with the Technology package, he explicitly wrote cruise control and AMI along side it.

Good luck and hope everything is ok when you get yours!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I'm very excited and pleased to hear that options have been delivered as ordered in all cases. My car is coming from Watford Audi, and their preliminary estimate was 1st week of March, but I guess the 2.0TDi is going to be v popular in the UK and so expect some slippage of that date. However, they did call me to reconfirm the options specified, which was reassuring. Three months to go!

For the record, I have gone for:

Quartz grey, black milano, alu hologram, 19" Ys, B&O, DAB, Tech pack, Park +, Hill hold, Auto dim int mirror, Interior light pack, Adaptive xenons, High beam assist, Heated front seats

I love my Golf, but it is going to be quickly forgotten I suspect!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, the wait has been hard, but next Tuesday, I will be the proud owner of an A5 at last!

a5sline, I presume you have got yours now? What are your firt impressions of the car and of the engine? There's very little experience on the forums of the 2.0Tdi, so your feedback would be very interesting to hear

Cheers

Mat

·
Registered
437 Posts
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I'm very excited and pleased to hear that options have been delivered as ordered in all cases. My car is coming from Watford Audi, and their preliminary estimate was 1st week of March, but I guess the 2.0TDi is going to be v popular in the UK and so expect some slippage of that date. However, they did call me to reconfirm the options specified, which was reassuring. Three months to go!

For the record, I have gone for:

Quartz grey, black milano, alu hologram, 19" Ys, B&O, DAB, Tech pack, Park +, Hill hold, Auto dim int mirror, Interior light pack, Adaptive xenons, High beam assist, Heated front seats

I love my Golf, but it is going to be quickly forgotten I suspect!
give it a few weeks and the old golf bug will be back, it's only a new car for a few weeks trust me:thumbsup: golf will win hands down

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi A5mat,

I picked mine up last Thursday evening and have been struggling to not drive it too hard until it is fuly run in. Have 720 miles on it so far and coutning.

I also had a golf previously and the first thing I noticed was the engine sounded much more refined. Hard to describe really but it "nearly" did not sound like a diesel. The engine feels like it has quite a lot to give so only time will tell when I can open it up fully. The ride is firm but not hard but still getting to grips with the overall feel of the car from my golf as it does feel a lot bigger!

My options are pretty similar to yours. The heated seats are pretty good but to be honest the best money ever spent is on the hill hold assist function. The only downside is that you need to enable it every time you drive. The 3G MMI is also pretty awesome and something I am glad I specced.

Overall I am chuffed to bits with the car. I chose Monza silver and was a bit aprehensive as I had not seen it in the flesh. Looks great though! Good luck with the last few days and I am sure you will love it when you get it!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
2.0Tdi

I have to say the 2.0Tdi seems a great motor. Had a Q5 earlier this week (2.0Tdi) BUT it was a thirsty bugger. My 3.0 Tdi A5 did 38.6 on same journey 2.0Tdi Q5 just made 30mpg... it also rattled a lot more than the V6:moped:.

·
Registered
821 Posts
give it a few weeks and the old golf bug will be back, it's only a new car for a few weeks trust me:thumbsup: golf will win hands down
A VW Golf over the A5 :yikes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have to say the 2.0Tdi seems a great motor. Had a Q5 earlier this week (2.0Tdi) BUT it was a thirsty bugger. My 3.0 Tdi A5 did 38.6 on same journey 2.0Tdi Q5 just made 30mpg... it also rattled a lot more than the V6:moped:.
30mpg seems low. I have averages around 45 (measured not computer) on my first full tank. This includes a range of driving including town and longer motorways journeys. I have not tried to drive efficiently on this tank either and have varied the rev range to help running in.

I would have loved the V6 but outside of my budget unfortunately :music-smiley-019:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh boy, she's just arrived and is sat in my company car park all on her own, saying 'look at me'! I have just had the briefing from the nice man from Watford Audi and now I have sent him on his way home, I can stare at her from my office window. Of course, being at work I can't go for a drive, and 5 o'clock can't come soon enough!

The engine sounds amazingly quiet compared to my 2.0 Tdi Golf (agreed, great car), but obviously I need to hear it in action before making any real assessment. I might take some photos, though you will all have seen a Quartz Grey on black leather with Y wheels many times before, so nothing new there. My Dad is jealous though (A6 S line driver), so they would be for his benefit :)

Must change my signature too: no longer "on order"...

Will report back on first drive tomorrow

Cheers

Mat

·
Registered
437 Posts
A5Mat

Well done enjoy your ride, I am sure you will love it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
30mpg seems low. I have averages around 45 (measured not computer) on my first full tank. This includes a range of driving including town and longer motorways journeys. I have not tried to drive efficiently on this tank either and have varied the rev range to help running in.

I would have loved the V6 but outside of my budget unfortunately :music-smiley-019:
Dealer reckoned 30mpg was low for the new 2.0TDi but it was in a Q5 with poorish aerodynamics. Wifes 08 A3 Quattro 2.0Tdi 170 (old engine) does mid 30's but rattles! My 3.0V6 seems to be very very economical and I don't think this is unusual.:moped:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hi Mat. I am in the same boat as you with a 2.0TDI S line on the way. Had the dealer call today to say it should be ready on the 9th March. Just got to try and occupy myself with other things until then.

I hope Audi can get it right. My dealer included details of each option on the order sheet. For example with the Technology package, he explicitly wrote cruise control and AMI along side it.

Good luck and hope everything is ok when you get yours!
Hi a5sline. Whereabouts are you in Berkshire? Are you buying from Reading Audi? I have been there several times looking at cars and they are very helpful and cooperative.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Ageing Biker.

I live outside Slough but do pass Reading everyday on my current commute to Newbury! I actually bought my car through Slough Audi who were very helpful. Picked the car up on the 5th March so just clocked 1000 miles on the way in this morning.

I have not dealt with Reading Audi before but always good to have a recommendation. I do however know the head mechanic there and he seems very knowledgeable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The wait WAS worth it! First impressions are top notch. The A5 makes my Golf (which I loved) sound like a clattery taxi. Fabulous interior, great colour, lovely wheels and stereo. Drives well, smooth and quiet. The gearchange is a little notchy, but will loosen up.

All in all, you can safely assume I am a very happy man :cheers:
Mat

1 - 20 of 26 Posts