Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just purchased an “2008 A5 2.7TDI sport coupe” thingy ma jig! And this looks like the best place to start. To many of you this is probably an old banger but to me this is the most modern car I have ever owned.

I am trying to get my head around this master computer malarkey that seems to control everything. All I basically want to do is ask, 1) is there any sort of upgrade that can bring this apparent dinosaur into 2019? I.e satnav quality? Important updates? 2) is there some sort adapter thing anyone can recommend that I can plug into this little black box in my glove box with a 10year old iPod connector inside that will give me Bluetooth?
I have attached a picture of what is total jargon to me.

Many thanks 🙏🏻

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
1. You can get dvd with new 2018 maps which is latest official map version for your system (mmi 2g high). Firmware is 5.1.70 which is ok, latest version is 5.5.70 but you dont have to update.

2. I cant see what you have in glovebox but I assume that you have AMI interface for 2g high so you have to get AMI to USB adapter cable or AMI to lightning or other which you need.

MMI 2g high with navigation system should have Bluetooth module separately but you can check that with pressing TEL button and see what says on mmi display.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey mate thanks for the reply! That’s cleared a few things up! I wasn’t sure what type of MMI I actually had, so that’s a great help thankyou! I managed to find some adapters for the Bluetooth on Amazon but they all seem to say for 2009 and above. Do you think they will work on an 2008? I have attached a photo of the glove box, there’s just an old school iPod inside with possibly the worse music I have heard in my life on it. Also, also the interface the interface sometimes randomly turns off but I’ll take that to another thread. Also, when I press the telephone butt it just says that it’s not installed.

Cheers 🤘

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are a couple aftermarket units available depending where you live in the world. There's a local audio shop that sourced a very nice Alpine unit for B8 Audi's (and various other models) for roughly $1200, that's all I have found in my region. There's some shady websites but haven't found a reputable manufacturer for a unit otherwise

1 - 4 of 4 Posts