Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Though I don't own an A5, I've been eyeing these beauties with lust in my heart due to the rakish exterior and the availability of a manual transmission. Currently I drive an Acura TSX with a 6-Speed manual and technology package (Nav, bluetooth, ipod integration, HD for music).

One of my prerequisites for any car I buy are bluetooth, built-in navigation, and that I be able to access my own music from the head unit, whether that be from an iPod adapter, a built-in hard drive, or an SD card slot. My understanding is that the Audi head units include an SD Card slot for music. Is that correct? If so how large a card can it hold?

Also, another important feature: gotta be able to pick what song I want to listen to while driving. My wife's Lexus completely locks you out of music navigation whether the car is in motion. I could never buy a Lexus for that reason. How is the Audi unit? Can you browse your music? Can you enter a new address in the Nav unit while driving?

Ideally I'd love a 2018 model since they've got integrated Android auto capability, but they're still priced quite high, so I guess mostly I'm asking about older models, say 2013-2017.

· Registered
4 Posts
I have just gotten a 2017 A5 Cabriolet and it has two slots for SD cards and a CD slot. What it does not have is a USB port. Granted, a cigarette lighter (!) and a power outlet, but USB. Also, apparently the satellite is Sirius only, not SiriusXM, so now I am missing channels. The car is good, and most of the mechanical equipment is VW/Porsche/Audi universal, so unlike BMW which makes almost everything dealer only proprietary, you can find parts fairly easily.
Hope this helps, oh and the Quattro is like driving a rolling brick, doesn't sway or lean or lose footing. Great handling!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just gotten a 2017 A5 Cabriolet and it has two slots for SD cards and a CD slot. What it does not have is a USB port. Granted, a cigarette lighter (!) and a power outlet, but USB. Also, apparently the satellite is Sirius only, not SiriusXM, so now I am missing channels. The car is good, and most of the mechanical equipment is VW/Porsche/Audi universal, so unlike BMW which makes almost everything dealer only proprietary, you can find parts fairly easily.
Hope this helps, oh and the Quattro is like driving a rolling brick, doesn't sway or lean or lose footing. Great handling!
Nice. But how locked down is the system while driving? Can you navigate the music on your SD card? Can you add a destination to the Nav?

· Registered
4,658 Posts
Nice. But how locked down is the system while driving? Can you navigate the music on your SD card? Can you add a destination to the Nav?
Not sure about your region, but UK versions you can set and adjust navigation using MMI command dial or voice (assuming it’s not a cabriolet and has 3G+ MMI) while driving. You can also use MMI command dial to search media and radio stations while driving, and B9 versions have track skip and track browse on the steering wheel while in motion.

Edit: I’m not suggesting it’s a good idea to do this while moving, just that you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
2008 MY09 Audi S5
40 Posts
if you get an older model A5, you can upgrade the infotainment to something like the RSNAV S3 (i have), which will provide android auto/ apple carplay or just use native android apps on it. I use it this way with a 4G sim, waze/spotify...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.