Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Yeah we are not really A3 experts here BUT in my opinion I would not go for a 1.0 engine, the A3 is surely better suited to at least a 1.6 or 2.0 engine......I know that the new trend is to fit smaller engines, but they must surely work harder to pull the car along so maybe not so wonderful?????

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yeah we are not really A3 experts here BUT in my opinion I would not go for a 1.0 engine, the A3 is surely better suited to at least a 1.6 or 2.0 engine......I know that the new trend is to fit smaller engines, but they must surely work harder to pull the car along so maybe not so wonderful?????
This! I managed to average 50mpg in my 3.0 tdi today going Leeds and back and my friends A2 gets that, I mean big engine must work less hard to move the car?

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Thomas is a wise fellow. For my new part time job I help a body-repair garage so I get to drive everything. Recently we had a VW TROC with the 1L 3cyl engine, and while it was fine when you got her up to speed, we have loads of hills around here and I was sure that bicycles would overtake me uphill! Whereas the new generation 1.6 diesels are quite nippy in a small car, and surely a car like the A4 or A5 REALLY needs 2L or better 3L, so you have effortless performance.

Ps I have a 2010 Vito van which I use for long trips. I bought her new with the 3L V6 Tdi engine and now at 10 years and 150k kms she still performs almost like new cos again this engine is simply unstressed. Now Merc no longer offer this engine in the Vito, shame!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thomas is a wise fellow. For my new part time job I help a body-repair garage so I get to drive everything. Recently we had a VW TROC with the 1L 3cyl engine, and while it was fine when you got her up to speed, we have loads of hills around here and I was sure that bicycles would overtake me uphill! Whereas the new generation 1.6 diesels are quite nippy in a small car, and surely a car like the A4 or A5 REALLY needs 2L or better 3L, so you have effortless performance.

Ps I have a 2010 Vito van which I use for long trips. I bought her new with the 3L V6 Tdi engine and now at 10 years and 150k kms she still performs almost like new cos again this engine is simply unstressed. Now Merc no longer offer this engine in the Vito, shame!!
Thanks for the kind words fine sir

1 - 6 of 6 Posts