Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

New user here getting an A5 December / Jan time (I hope!). Ordered last week and I'm told it'll be 8-12 weeks lead time.

Ordered Phanthom Black as I've never had a black car before, and it'll be nice going from a Saab 93 Saloon to a nice Coupe!

You'll all probably laugh, but I must admit I made the cardinal sin of not test driving before committing to it. Being a company vehicle, as soon as I knew I could have it, I committed! The other option was a BMW 320i which I did drive and wasnt all that great!

Anyway, good to be here after scouring threads for so long - cant wait to get the car now!

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. You'll have to post some pics of the new ride once you get it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your upcoming A5 arrival. No worries about not test driving it first... you won't be disappointed in the car, trust me. :)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Congratulations and welcome.

IMHO Phantom Black is the colour to have we've had several Audis in Phantom. It is deep and fairly practical as blacks go,

Audis are a completely different experience from Saabs, had a 95 Aero a few years back so I can compare although I hear Saab have lost it a bit of late having become essentially a Vauxhall Vectra with a Saab badge.

·
Registered
26 Posts
WHITE WHITE WHITE!! LOL

You will deff enjoy it without the test drive trust me!! I didnt test drive mine before ordering and i was over moon when i drove it. You just cant go wrong with the feel of an Audi!!

Enjoy it and get some pics up :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations and welcome.

IMHO Phantom Black is the colour to have we've had several Audis in Phantom. It is deep and fairly practical as blacks go,

Audis are a completely different experience from Saabs, had a 95 Aero a few years back so I can compare although I hear Saab have lost it a bit of late having become essentially a Vauxhall Vectra with a Saab badge.
Yeah definately. I've got a 93 Vector 150BHP at the moment (Vaux Vectra with a skirt basically) so looking forward to a new sportier car! Love the A5 ever since it came out and never thought I'd have one! I scour over the pics on the forum, just drooling over what you lot have got, and what I'll hopefully get soon!

I think the fleet manager's going to get annoyed with me asking for lead times! I got told it went into production last week, so hoping the credit crunch will do me a favour and I'll get it sooner rather than later!

Thanks for the welcome comments all, I look forward to contributing very soon!!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome Chrispa.... Great car in a Great Colour - You certainly wont be disappointed imo :cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats, chrispa! Great color choice! Hope it gets here sooner rather than later! No worries on the lack of test drive...it will be well worth it once it arrives!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats, chrispa! Great color choice! Hope it gets here sooner rather than later! No worries on the lack of test drive...it will be well worth it once it arrives!
yeah gagging to get behind the wheel. Just want the fleet manager to get back from holiday so he can badger Arval for a production date etc!!! :)

Cheers all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.