Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between an S5 and A5 (S Line) besides the engine? I was told by a friend that if I cannot afford an S5 that I should just go for an A5 S Line

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
What is the difference between an S5 and A5 (S Line) besides the engine? I was told by a friend that if I cannot afford an S5 that I should just go for an A5 S Line
I think after the engine the most notable difference after some cosmetic things (S5 badges here and there, small styling differences like a different front grille, different options for inlays, four exhausts vs. two, a bit better standard equipment depending on market etc.) are the sportier front seats in the S5 (that are now, starting from model-year 2009, an option for A5 too in Europe though). The S5 has a sportier suspension/chassis too. (Not sure if S-line chassis would be comparable on an A5 though.)

In broad terms they are, basically, the same car minus the engine but small differences are here and there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.