Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Thought you may like a look at the new Work Wheels I finally purchased.
They are XSA O2C 19 x 8.5J, 5 x 112/66.5, +25(F)+20(R) in Crystal Silver.

cheers,

suns 70

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi SAJ 1982,

Sorry didn't think to check the weight, eager to get them fitted & it slipped my mind.
I could probably find out though. They didn't seem that heavy though. Will let you know.
What do you think?

suns 70

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
might be a dumb question but what do you mean by work wheels
Hi bnctent,

The manufacturer is Work Wheel. They are a Japanese company. I see you are from the states, give workwheelusa.com a try.

suns 70

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Hi SAJ 1982,

Sorry didn't think to check the weight, eager to get them fitted & it slipped my mind.
I could probably find out though. They didn't seem that heavy though. Will let you know.
What do you think?

suns 70
I'm actually suprised you didn't get them in 20s. Were you worried about the ride quality after?

Car just needs to be dropped an inch to finish it off - i'm in the same boat and still have to do this. Wheels are nice and will look good on the move.

Noticed you have Uniroyal Rainsport 2 tyres, would be interested to hear your thoughts on the tyres after you've put a few miles on them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey SAJ 1982

Yeah ride quality factored in on wheel size. I would like to drop it an inch, don't know if this is possible on the stock suspension or a custom job. The tyres are Uniroyal Rainsport 2, you have good eye. They are much more comfortable than the stock Michelin Pilot Sport. Good reviews all round, chose these over Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric.
I will update you on their performance.

All in all totally content.

suns 70

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Realy do love work wheels. Get the coilovers, and drop it a little and it'll be spot on.

Anyway they look awesome.

By the way, your calipers need painting :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Good reviews all round, chose these over Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric.
I will update you on their performance.

All in all totally content.

suns 70
Why didn't you choose Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric ?
I am asking, because I ordered them on thursday.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Realy do love work wheels. Get the coilovers, and drop it a little and it'll be spot on.

Anyway they look awesome.

By the way, your calipers need painting :)
Cheers robb,

How's everything going with you m8?
It took lot of hard work to afford them but just had to do it. Coilovers, which brand do you recommend. Yes your are right the calipers also need upgrading too. Some talk about Brembro's, I have not seen them, your suggestions would be much appreciated. Glad you like them.

suns 70

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why didn't you choose Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric ?
I am asking, because I ordered them on thursday.
Hello C99,

I chose Uniroyal's over Goodyear because the Goodyear wear quicker according to tyrereview.net. This probably differs from car to car. However, after much deliberation, the Uniroyal Rainsport 2 won the race. I also was swayed by their tread pattern. Both are pretty close for performance I reckon. Sure you'll not be dissappointed with the Eagle's, a more popular choice.

suns 70

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Cheers robb,

How's everything going with you m8?
It took lot of hard work to afford them but just had to do it. Coilovers, which brand do you recommend. Yes your are right the calipers also need upgrading too. Some talk about Brembro's, I have not seen them, your suggestions would be much appreciated. Glad you like them.

suns 70
Hey Suns,

Things are ok, missing my car though, not in the country much at the moment so not driving, wont be back untill june/july this time :(

I think the only options for coilovers are KW, SAJ posted recently about the galvanised version 1's that have been released which come in at around £600+, thats only a few hundred more than springs and ride will be like stock according to the people with KWs initial offerings. This is a damn good deal in my opinion, and will likely do it when I'm back, along with the APS remap.

The 1.8 does really lack stopping power in my opinion, I'd be tempted to just swap in S5 brakes to keep the electronic handbrake. Could be costly though.

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Easy robb,

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into them & do some research. You'll be back for the summer (well I hope it is), perfect to get back in the car.

suns 70

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Not a prob.

Yes, I hope we have a summer too (even if it is only a week long). Working in Aus/Asia so I've adjusted to hot weather climates now, I popped back for christmas, damn it was cold.

Thinking about it, my cars been off the road 5 out of the 9/10 months I've had it now, thats kind of bad isn't it. I'll make up for it in the summer :)

Oh another thing, SAJ found a 1.8 exhaust if your interested.

http://www.remus.at/php/index.php?cmd=cmdFrontendProducts&iProductMotor=534477
http://www.remus.at/php/index.php?cmd=cmdFrontendProducts&iProductMotor=534476

Not sure why there're 2 different versions or if they're any good. If nothing is out by the time I get back I might just order, only £400.

Rob

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks robb for the info, will look into that. Don't work too hard m8.

suns 70

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
These look like they are light weight - how much do the rims weigh out of interest?
Hi SAJ 1982,

I managed to find out the weight of the alloys approx. 12.5 - 13 Kg, the boxed weight was 13.2 Kg.

Whether this is light weight I couldn't really tell you.

suns 70

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Hey Suns,

Things are ok, missing my car though, not in the country much at the moment so not driving, wont be back untill june/july this time :(

I think the only options for coilovers are KW, SAJ posted recently about the galvanised version 1's that have been released which come in at around £600+, thats only a few hundred more than springs and ride will be like stock according to the people with KWs initial offerings. This is a damn good deal in my opinion, and will likely do it when I'm back, along with the APS remap.

The 1.8 does really lack stopping power in my opinion, I'd be tempted to just swap in S5 brakes to keep the electronic handbrake. Could be costly though.

Cheers
Rob
Hi robb,

This may interest you. I've managed to source the KW Variant V1's from JKM Performance for £630 + VAT. That's £724.50 + £10 delivery, a total of £734.50. Check them out here http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/kwsuspension.htm

I got in contact with APS, Ed gave me the low down on the various options & prices. Their price was £830 incl VAT + £250 for fitting. I enquired as to whether I could source the parts myself & have them do the fitting, they were cool with that.

I seached a few threads on this, & the consensus is that V2's & V1's have the same default damping & other owners would have gone with the V1's if they had been available at the time.

So after a days deliberation, I've gone ahead & ordered from JKM Performance, should be delivered in a few days. Booked in for fitting at APS next week. :)

Both APS & JKM recommended the V1's over the Basic V1's for our model, at this price it was a no brainer.

Let me know what you think.

suns 70

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hi suns 70,

Think you've made the right choice there mate, and nice find, that price is very good. Looking forward to seeing the new stance. I'll have to sort myself a set when I get back.
Have you decided how low you want to go yet? or will you just see how it looks/feels on the day?

Anyway cheers for the update and information, be sure to get some pics up when its done :)

Rob

·
Registered
470 Posts
Looks good but need's to be lowered :cheers:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi suns 70,

Think you've made the right choice there mate, and nice find, that price is very good. Looking forward to seeing the new stance. I'll have to sort myself a set when I get back.
Have you decided how low you want to go yet? or will you just see how it looks/feels on the day?

Anyway cheers for the update and information, be sure to get some pics up when its done :)

Rob
Hello robb,

Good to hear your approval. Initially I'm thinking about a 20mm drop at the rear & 25mm at the front. From several pics I've seem, this seems to be the perfect look. However, the coilovers tend to settle after a week or so, minor adjustments may be necessary. Also it depends on how it tackles the road surfaces & sleeping policemen in my vicinity.

Once again your opinion is much valued. You must sort yours out on your return.

suns 70

1 - 20 of 21 Posts