Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 5 week wait these had finally arrived. Ok heres the specs....19 x 9 Vellano 3 Piece Forged Wheel. Offset 20. Lip on front wheels are 2.5" and "3.5" rear.

Gives the car a staggered wheel look wirthout actually staggering the wheels!

I personally believe the pictures do not do the wheels/car justice, but hey I tried my best.

Only niggle is the brake dust settles very quickly on the dish!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Would have looked better in a 20" with less tire. Congrats nonetheless.....

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Looking nice. Do you ever get pulled over with that plate as its illegal?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes definately 20's would have looked great but my maintenance package means Audi replace my tyres 'effectively' free for 3 yrs so didnt fancy changing up.

Ive been using those plates for 3 yrs plus...and only been pulled couple of times. 1 of those in the S5 but were very nice and just said didnt give me a ticking off...were more interested in the car ;-)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Only niggle is the brake dust settles very quickly on the dish!
Trust me, I can relate to that COMPLETELY! The lips on my wheels are the same width as yours, and it really bugs the crap out of me how so much brake dust ends up on the lips after a day of city driving involving lots of braking. GRRRRR! My neighbors probably think I'm nuts because they often see me washing my wheels every few days. To them it probably looks like I'm washing the entire car every few days (which would be ridiculous), when in reality I'm just washing the corrosive brake dust off the wheels to prevent it from damaging the finish on my wheels.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you put a good coat of wax on your wheels to prevent the corrosive brake dust from eating into that glossy black paint. Do it frequently. Otherwise, you'll find that the sides of your spokes won't look so good (i.e., paint will appear worn) after a while because that's where a lot of brake dust will end up. And if you just let it sit there for a long time, it will damage the finish on your wheels.

·
Registered
491 Posts
those look great! where can i get a set of 20'' here in the states and how much would they run me?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
The lips on those wheels look dark. Is that black chrome, brake dust, a reflection or all of the above?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The lips on those wheels look dark. Is that black chrome, brake dust, a reflection or all of the above?
I know that look all too well. :D I'll guarantee you it's just the result of brake dust (which is quite prevalent in the last photo). I've taken lots of photos of my car, and the ones I've taken when there's a thin layer of brake dust on the wheels make the wheel lips look not so great.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BKS5..alternatively you could contact Vellano...these wheels actually came from the US.

TX is correct...the lip is infact has a layer of brake dust..and to only think I washed my car not to long ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts