Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone negotiated a discount on a purchase of a new car?
Sales are currently down over 50% (cf LYM) and dealers are feeling the pinch.
It is now even possible to get a 10% discount on a new Porsche....

PS....Could we PLEASE IMPROVE our spelling...my main bitch is...DEFINATE!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
WTF is definate?

Idiots don't own S5s (do they?) - so we're not idiots - so can we pleeeese spell propperlee

·
Registered
552 Posts
If it was the dealer in question then they were the one who told me about the 3G MMI being available from week 44. So you might want to contact them as your build week means that you could order the 3G for probably the same price as the DVD Nav.

·
Registered
536 Posts
First of all, I am not to sure that discounts on cars like the S5, and especially the R8 exist. Cars that are usually somewhat easy to get, like 997s, Aston Vantages, Caymans/Boxsters, BMW M6/M5/M3, MB AMG models, ect., can be had at a very respectable discount, even more so than a few months ago (as not only the economy getting worse, we are getting closer to the introduction of '09 model cars). But, as I said, for cars like the S5, R8, Nissan GT-R and Ferrari F430, there are no discounts to be had for most of them, and if you can find a discount, it would most likely be for an S5, and it wont be too much unless it is an undesirable color or option combo. BUT, what you can bet on is the waiting list to get these cars will become shorter as people back out due to the poor economy. My dad had been on the wait list for an R8 since Oct '07, and he was only able to get one because I know the salesman well and he offered me an R8 that someone at the last minute decided to cancel on because he couldn't get the R8 until he sold his M6, and no one was willing to pay what he thought was fair. So, the economy effects almost all cars, but that doesn't mean that you will get a big discount on all cars if the market slumps.

Also, I find your harsh words towards people who are not fully knowledgeable regarding the English language to be very harsh and borderline hateful. The US (and many other countries) is filled with, and was founded on the basis that we are a melting pot of people from all over the world, some being first generation immigrants who speak English fluently, but have not fully mastered spelling and grammar, like many of my relatives, and to belittle them and their contribution to this forum is demeaning (not to mention that many members here live in countries whose official language is not English). I am also a poor speller, but I do not feel that it reflects my intelligence, in fact I have proof (knowledge and intelligence based test scores, work experience, universities attended, ect.) to the contrary.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Agree

I agree, I can not spell well at all, and was just offered a job to earn $20k a month. That was to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day so I will be sticking with my current job were I go home after 40 hours a week. My macbook pro does a nice job at underlining incorrectly spelled words in red so my spelling should be good unless I confuse there and their :p I think Mozilla for PC does the same. Internet explorer just blows all around. :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
I got 8% back in May. I'm sure more would be available now in view of how quickly the economy is slowing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
New Vehicle Discounts

Discounts?
Thanks guys....that's where forums such as these are so good. The breadth of knowledge, information and ability astounding.

Spelling?
Sheesh!:eek:
Dissenters...get a life...twas only a nudge!;)

Spelling is the finer detail - if you will of grammar and assists the communication process.
Fancy buying 227/34 ZQ-15 tyrez?
Imagine getting the spelling/code wrong in an ABS circuit?
Enough.

Ta Ta for now!:)
standing bye too recieve inkumming phlak!:D:D:D

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I negotiated a discount from my local dealership of about 7.5% or so. It was near the end of August so I guess they might not have hit their sales targets.
Do you get a discount for no badges?:confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.