Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this has been posted but upon using the search function i was unable to find this...

The Mod:

When going into reverse then back into drive or park the rear view camera stays longer then id like it to, i think til' 5mph or so many seconds.

Upon some Vag Com coding changes i got it to instantly go back to the nav screen upon switching to either park or drive.

6C Back-Up Cam
Coding
Change 1011008 TO 1031008

Wallah!

Also upon changing this you loose the lines in the rear view camera mode. I kinda like the clean look but others may not.

EDIT:

Messing around with the Back-Up cam a bit more and found more adjustments

In very dark conditions the lights that illuminate the back up camera are not bright enough on my vehicle they were set to "50" changing this to 65 made for much more ideal use of the back up camera at night time

06c back-up cam
Security access 22351
Channel 10
channel 11

Both of these changed the brightness (i changed mine to 65)

channel 12
with the increase in percentage on channel 12 changed the color

01 being white
100 being blue

i changed mine to 65

·
Registered
75 Posts
thanks for the find :thumbsup:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Also upon changing this you loose the lines in the rear view camera mode. I kinda like the clean look but others may not.
I don't think you're changing the right settings with that coding change - I can't see how changing the speed it switches off affects whether the guidelines are displayed.

From the Ross-Tech Wiki:

Code:
x0?0xxx: Trailer & Parking System
+1 = Trailer Hitch installed
+2 = Optical Parking System installed
Therefore your coding of 3 (at the 3rd digit) is simply telling it you have both these installed and the behaviour you now have is by coincidence?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think you're changing the right settings with that coding change - I can't see how changing the speed it switches off affects whether the guidelines are displayed.

From the Ross-Tech Wiki:

Code:
x0?0xxx: Trailer & Parking System
+1 = Trailer Hitch installed
+2 = Optical Parking System installed
Therefore your coding of 3 (at the 3rd digit) is simply telling it you have both these installed and the behavior you now have is by coincidence?
If what i have changed is coincidental than so be it, it is the outcome i desired and am sharing it with everyone else. Is there different coding you have tried that gives a different outcome? I will try it other wise ill stick to this.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Messing around with the Back-Up cam a bit more and found more adjustments

In very dark conditions the lights that illuminate the back up camera are not bright enough on my vehicle they were set to "50" changing this to 65 made for much more ideal use of the back up camera at night time

06c back-up cam
Security access 22351
Channel 10
channel 11

channel 12
with the increase in percentage on channel 12 changed the color

01 being white
100 being blue

i changed mine to 65

·
Registered
634 Posts
If what i have changed is coincidental than so be it, it is the outcome i desired and am sharing it with everyone else. Is there different coding you have tried that gives a different outcome? I will try it other wise ill stick to this.
That is fine, I just wanted to raise the warning that you could end up changing things which you don't know you are changing.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Good find. I've been curious in changing the camera lag time when going from reverse to drive. I'm glad that you were able to do so. Thanks!

·
4,530 Posts

06c back-up cam
Security access 22351
Channel 10
channel 11

interesting information, thnks.
just wondering which lights are adjusted.
are this the normal white backuing-up lights ??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
interesting information, thnks.
just wondering which lights are adjusted.
are this the normal white backuing-up lights ??

Yea the ones near the plate. If you leave your car in reverse when adjusting them with Vag Com you will see the difference instantly.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The Vag-com has so many great uses but i kinda wonder about this one???? I agree the lag time is alittle long after you reverse but if really cant wait the 3 secs it takes to go back to normal just hit any button on the MMI it its gone instantly even if your still backing up! o maybe i am just jealous i dont have one?

·
Registered
590 Posts
No, I agree that the time lag isn't really a big deal. It's just nice for the camera display to disappear on its own so that I don't have to press any MMI buttons especially when the car is moving forward. Usually after backing out of my garage, I'm engaged in other things such as ensuring the garage door closed, watching for oncoming traffic when turning, etc. Like I said, it's not a long delay or even a major gripe, I just would like the camera display to go away quicker while I'm waiting to make my right hand turn onto the roadway which usually doesn't happen until I've made the turn and up to speed.

·
4,530 Posts
if you only want to change the turn-off speed of the rear-view camera, you can always use this:

Audi parking system - Switch OFF Speed in MMI:
[10 - Park/Steer Assist]
[Adaptation - 10] -> Channel 23
change to 20 (the max value in kmh)
I've changed it to 5 km/h = 3 mph

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if you only want to change the turn-off speed of the rear-view camera, you can always use this:

I've changed it to 5 km/h = 3 mph
Does not go any lower than 5. I wanted an immeadiate change back to previous screen.

·
Registered
590 Posts
DJ, Is there anyway to keep the rear parking lines yet still have the immediate deactivation of the rear camera when selecting a gear other than reverse?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DJ, Is there anyway to keep the rear parking lines yet still have the immediate deactivation of the rear camera when selecting a gear other than reverse?
Not to my knowledge, i played around quite a bit. Tried changing each option to trick it into thinking its a diff vehicle and other variations to see if i could get a different outcome. Nothing worked.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Oh well, thank you. It's not the end of the world. It's a simple choice of having the camera go away right away or having the parking guides with the camera going off at 3 mph. Decisions, decisions.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh well, thank you. It's not the end of the world. It's a simple choice of having the camera go away right away or having the parking guides with the camera going off at 3 mph. Decisions, decisions.....
Yea, i opted for no lines! its not like i can't change it anytime i like. Gotta love VAG!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Alright DJ, thanks to you and your experimentation. I felt comfortable enough to try out some other coding. I think I might have answered my own question here. Here are the four options to the rear camera:

“1001008” = Keeps parking guide lines, keeps camera pause
“1011008” = Deletes parking guide lines, keeps camera pause
“1021008” = Keeps parking guide lines, no camera pause
“1031008” = Deletes parking guide lines, no camera pause

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Good find. I've been curious in changing the camera lag time when going from reverse to drive. I'm glad that you were able to do so. Thanks!
It is not time dependent, but speed dependent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Camera... on demand?

If I press the "parking sensors button" when I'm not in reverse (but stopped), the camera switches on. This does not work in motion.
Would it be possible to activate the camera in motion, with the same button?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 31 Posts