1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Porsche 996 Carrera 4
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Happy New Year to you :)

My name's Dan - based in the UK and currently driving a Porsche 996 Carrera 4. I've had S-Audis beforehand - a modded B5 S4 Avant. Great fun but wanted something more interesting at the time.

Porsche is fun, but I'm looking at a possible change to something newer, and the S5 (maybe RS5) seems appealing.
Undecided about V8 or V6 (knowing that the RS is V8 only) but quite fancy an auto....... which after having a VW, the DSG seems interesting (thus pushing me towards a v6, I think).....

Lots of mulling over tbh, so no doubt I'll lurk and read in the meantime!

Take it easy,

Dan

·
Registered
Porsche 996 Carrera 4
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I've been reading a LOT today. There's always that fine line as most people don't frequent forums with the sentiment of, "My car's great, working perfectly"....... usually quite the opposite :D

There do appear to be some aspects to be acutely aware of, and that's coming from someone who's had a Porsche engine rebuild!

So I'll chime in to some threads and see how it goes :)

Dan

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Dan the Man welcome and please show us a pic of a car and not you!!!!!

·
Registered
Porsche 996 Carrera 4
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You sound like my wife :D :D :D

Here's a few of the car :)

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

Always happy to talk about the car, music, well, anything tbh :D

Dan

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome Dan,

I'm a new s5 owner and couldn't be happier! A couple of minor teething issues, but managed to update my sat nav maps via the forum and planning an RS5 grille swap in a few weeks based on what I've seen here, the forum has been a big help getting started!

Best wishes finding something you like :)

I'm on the v6 as I've got the Sportback (due to kids) and whilst I'm slightly jealous of the v8 owners, the practicalities wouldn't have worked for me and I couldn't stretch to an RS5! The DSG is really fun to play about with but also really relaxed when you're feeling lazy! It's my first auto gearbox past my wife's old Passat, but enjoying it so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts