Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The A5 spec on the Audi UK site has finally been updated from the old September 2007 version. Audi have also removed the need to be signed in to download the spec so you can pick it up directly from

http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/uk/Products/A5/pdf.Par.0009.File.pdf

Key additions (all options):
- Audi Drive Select but only on the Sport model and S5
- Tyre pressure monitor
- Adaptive cruise control
- Side assist
- Electric rear window blind
- Multitronic available on 1.8T (but further degrades performance and seems to hit mpg by 20% - yikes!)
- 6 speed tiptronic now available on 3.0TDi (increases economy, too)

Further clarifications:
- Exhaust pipes different on 4 cylinder models
- High-gloss black grille on 3.0 TDI & 3.2 FSI. Stone grey finish grille on others.
- Confirms Symphony does come with SD card reader.

Not found any other big changes yet - the engine range seems to be the same with prices going up by about £300 (£500 for the 1.8T). No mention of:
- S-tronic/DSG
- 2.0TDi
- 2.0TFSi

·
Registered
122 Posts
Man, there are some crazy custumization options for the interiors in Europe! I knew that the "options" list was different in the different territories, but I had no idea that there were so many things!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The tiptronic on the 3.0TDi is interesting - only 0.2 sec slower in the 0-62mph stakes but drops almost 10g/km on the CO2 which for company car drivers is quite significant. It'll probably give considerably more miles per tank in real world driving and bodes well for the DSG.

EDIT
Staggering fact: in running through the tech specs I've just noticed that the 3.0TDi tiptronic is a full quarter of a tonne heavier than the 1.8TFSi. I knew that Quattro etc was bound to be heavier but that's stunning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.