Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the car (2014 A5 coupe black edition) a couple of years now and its always felt like it wanders a bit on the road, tracking has been done and everything checked and the car seems fine. Now the tyres are getting a bit low on tread I'm hoping changing them might solve the problem. My partner has a Picanto and after having the tracking done on that it just drives in a straight line, the A5 should definitely feel better than a Picanto!

The current tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 4 (255/35ZR19 96Y) so preferable don't want to get the same again although the rim protection on them is really good. What's currently being recommended as good for these cars, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

· Administrator
4,662 Posts
if your A5 Coupé does not drive straight, there could be something wrong with the tyres.
that is correct, but Michelin is an A-brand, so these tyres should be good.
my feeling does go the tracking.
did they also check the rear wheel tracking ??

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a full 4 wheel alignment done, I even picked the garage that did it because they had a particular tracking machine. Cost a bit more but thought it would give me the best results. My girlfriend used kwikfit and her car now drives perfectly so I think ill try them once the new tyres are on.

· Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
390 Posts
My S5 had Perillo PZeros on when I got it and used to tramline a lot. They were worn.

I changed to the Michelin PS4's and was fine. They are more worn now and I can just start feeling some tramlining.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ps5's do sound the better of the 2, coming out on top when it comes to wet weather use as well. So far the cheapest I've found for 4 tyres is black circles at £682 including delivery. Is there anywhere else online that might be cheaper?

· Registered
67 Posts
The ps5's do sound the better of the 2, coming out on top when it comes to wet weather use as well. So far the cheapest I've found for 4 tyres is black circles at £682 including delivery. Is there anywhere else online that might be cheaper?
I got mine from Costco and I looked everywhere online and their price was the best.

· Administrator
736 Posts
I had continental tyres fitted on my S4 avant when I bought is. They had plenty of tread but were shockingly bad with tram lining. I Had a 4 wheel alignment but it wasn’t any better. I fitted 4 new Bridgestone Potenza RE050A (the A = Audi fitment) as I had a set on an S3 previously. No problems since

· Premium Member
3,824 Posts
My 19s on the A5 wore Pirellis and I loved them BUT not great in the wet. I have Contisports on the S4 and they behave great!!

· Registered
1 Posts
I got some Conti Sport Contact 7's from Camskill only last week for my Black Edition Cabby and they are well rated. They have a deal on with which gives you a few quid back in your wallet expires on the 30th Oct, if you are interested.

I looked for rim protection too and it has it! :)

Hope it helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts