Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from another long time background reader of this most outstanding A5_OC forum! With a full-time job, family & friends and working on a degree at night, it’s difficult to make time for much else these days. However, I am absolutely obsessed with the S5 so I’m hoping to become a bit more active in my participation.

I feel I own you all an apology of sorts and I offer it up, it’s like I have been taking advantage of all of your hard work and experience with the A5/S5, so I will offer up my appreciation for your time - you guys rock! It’s really great to know that there are others out-and-about that are as passionate and enthusiastic about great cars in general, and especially this most excellent example of a grand touring coupe’!

I placed my order back in late 07’, eventually received the ‘order acknowledgement post card’ from Audi (a bit of a slap in the face in a way), and then actually saw my order on my dealers computer/order system around May 5th. Estimated delivery date for my latest obsession, July 28th, still nine more agonizing weeks - longest wait of my life!

My Spec: 2009 S5 Tiptronic - Quartz Grey, all black interior, stainless/piano black trim, sunroof, and both the Nav. (including the stellar B & O stereo/6 CD/IPod) and Tech. Packages. I passed on the Drive Select, Side Assist, Lane Assist and special-order paint as they seemed rather unnecessary and to save a couple of bucks, which helps me justify the not so stellar gas mileage. I’m not buying it for the mileage, just recreationally whining about it.

My planned upgrades: ultra-lite ‘ceramic’ tint all-round (including windshield), Venture Shield film on the front end, rocker panels & part of the rear bumper, 15mm spacers, X-pipe in the place of the resonator, if I can swing it - the factor front bumper sensor kit (not offered in the US?!?) and while I’m working in that area, replacement of the yellow-ish fog lamps with the Xenon bulbs, man-o-man I can barely contain myself!!!

Enough outta’ me! Thanks again for all of your most valuable input, pics and experiences, I very much appreciate it and look forward to ownership of this stunning vehile – happy motoring!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Welcome man!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome! Glad to hear how helpful this forum has been to you.

I can only imagine how much your remaining 9 week wait must be killing you. And the fact that you've got all your mods already planned out probably makes it even more difficult for you to actually wait to get your hands on the car. BTW, nice color choice with the Quartz.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you enjoy it. The wait is worth it!! Hang in there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.