Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I had a promotion at work that's finally allowed me to budget for a premium car! I'm a week away from getting my 2018 A5 Sportback S-Line 2.0 TFSI in Daytona Gray and I cannot wait! I'm switching out from a 2018 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport 1.5T Petrol in Sovereign Silver.

I've already got a few stealth mods in mind:
  • aftermarket sub and speaker installation (from current car)
  • 75% soundproofing on doors and boot
  • dynamic side indicator installation
And am contemplating but not sure if I will do the below:
  • aftermarket RS5 style honeycomb grill with original chrome audi rings (I actually don't like fully blacked out, looks tacky in my opinion)
  • powder-coating the original alloys in anthracite
  • dechrome window chrome and under the grill

What do you all think? Any recommendations for mods? I don't want engine / performance / suspension mods.

Here's a photo I took after a walk-around highlighting scratches I wanted them to sort out prior to handover:
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like Cambridge Audi.

Not sure about mods. If you have a basic stereo, there's carplay. Quite a few upgrade the internal lights. Some do Audi drive select....
Good eye sir! Indeed that's the Cambridge audi!

Are you around here too?

So I have drive select already, as well as folding mirrors, reverse cam, android auto, virtual dash, electric seats.

I was thinking full led internally but I thought it already was?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
I hear there are different light packages - might be worth having a google on here, but its largely users upgrading from no lighting.

Yeah, I use Cambridge audi for services as I am about 25 mins up the road near helions. Nice coffee machine and biscuits in the waiting area. There is another indie garage I go to in Cambridge, German Tech Cars - they have helped me out in the past. Seem like good guys.

Welcome to the forum btw! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear there are different light packages - might be worth having a google on here, but its largely users upgrading from no lighting.

Yeah, I use Cambridge audi for services as I am about 25 mins up the road near helions. Nice coffee machine and biscuits in the waiting area. There is another indie garage I go to in Cambridge, German Tech Cars - they have helped me out in the past. Seem like good guys.

Welcome to the forum btw! :)
Nice, do you recommend using German Tech Cars for mot and service for the audi? I'm assuming it's much cheaper than dealer?

Thanks for the welcome ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nice, do you recommend using German Tech Cars for mot and service for the audi? I'm assuming it's much cheaper than dealer?

Thanks for the welcome ;)

GTC are a bit more difficult to get to for me (they are near the Hills Road cinema complex) so I tend to go to CA for routine services. CA will clean your car for free too. And their loaner service is better, and they'll collect. But I had some electrical problems a while back and GTC did a great job and I saved a packet, very impressive level of competence. For MOT I go to a local garage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GTC are a bit more difficult to get to for me (they are near the Hills Road cinema complex) so I tend to go to CA for routine services. CA will clean your car for free too. And their loaner service is better, and they'll collect. But I had some electrical problems a while back and GTC did a great job and I saved a packet, very impressive level of competence. For MOT I go to a local garage.
Ah that's good to hear thanks buddy.

I had a doubt also on something the sales guy said to me. When I asked about fuel, he said normal unleaded is fine to use rather than premium like vpower, is that correct? I read from others the normal fuel, say at tesco or sainsbury, or even normal shell unleaded can cause engine issues over time...

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Welcome on board! I would keep the car as she is for a month or two just so u get to know her before any mods. Enjoy!

Reactions: G.T. and langsta

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've brought her home everyone. Please welcome home my beautiful A5 S line sportback in the gorgeous daytona gray. It's had ceramic coating applied and is popping!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've brought her home everyone. Please welcome home my beautiful A5 S line sportback in the gorgeous daytona gray. It's had ceramic coating applied and is popping!

My a5 is moonlight blue and I had the rear windows tinted and powder coated wheels gunsmoke grey. It looks great and would not do anymore myself. Sometimes ’less is more’ if you get my drift. Oh, and welcome to the site.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts