Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I bought an Audi A5 this morning and just trying to get to grips with how all the electronics work
Was just wanting some info on the sound system as can’t connect my phone!?
How do I find out if it is a 2g or 3G etc and wether it has the Bluetooth installed already as it just says telephone not installed and can’t find it in any menus as yet!?
So if not got Bluetooth what is a good dongle to get just want one not too expensive to tide me over as I’m skint now!
But I did see some said 2g or 3G and don’t want to buy the wrong one!
So any info is greatly appreciated
Thankyou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi I bought an Audi A5 this morning and just trying to get to grips with how all the electronics work
Was just wanting some info on the sound system as can’t connect my phone!?
How do I find out if it is a 2g or 3G etc and wether it has the Bluetooth installed already as it just says telephone not installed and can’t find it in any menus as yet!?
So if not got Bluetooth what is a good dongle to get just want one not too expensive to tide me over as I’m skint now!
But I did see some said 2g or 3G and don’t want to buy the wrong one!
So any info is greatly appreciated
Thankyou

Post a pic of your center console and MMI unit...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Looks like 2g to me!

Make sure your phone has bluetooth on and is visible. Press TEL button and go through setup. You will have to confirm a code. It is quite easy. When I bought my 3.0TDi, I connected my phone in the petrol station on the drive home. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like 2g to me!

Make sure your phone has bluetooth on and is visible. Press TEL button and go through setup. You will have to confirm a code. It is quite easy. When I bought my 3.0TDi, I connected my phone in the petrol station on the drive home. :)
I’ve literally tried everything I think!
Here is some pics of the menus when I click tel!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Not sure if this will help determine if it has bluetooth?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
My 2009 2G had bluetooth, why would Audi release a newer version without bluetooth!?.

Then again, I have a late 2014 S5 with no USB charging ports!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a 3G High with a pretty outdated firmware so no native bluetooth I'm afraid...

Ok thankyou is there a way to update the firmware at all? Also what’s a good ami Bluetooth to get I see a lot about the tune2air ones but was gonna get a cable but then you can’t skip tracks which seems pointless to me so is there any other good ones that work well or can I get audi to sort it properly and relatively cheap?
Thankyou

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My 2009 2G had bluetooth, why would Audi release a newer version without bluetooth!?.

Then again, I have a late 2014 S5 with no USB charging ports!
Lol so many variations!
mine is 2009 a5 bloke sold it said it had Bluetooth etc plus heated seats but hasn’t got that either!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ok thankyou is there a way to update the firmware at all? Also what’s a good ami Bluetooth to get I see a lot about the tune2air ones but was gonna get a cable but then you can’t skip tracks which seems pointless to me so is there any other good ones that work well or can I get audi to sort it properly and relatively cheap?
Thankyou

Had no bluetooth on my MMI3G Low so retrofitted AMI and plugged a tune2air in... worked fine but in the end I upgraded to a MMI3G+ and finally installed mi RSNav 10"25...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had no bluetooth on my MMI3G Low so retrofitted AMI and plugged a tune2air in... worked fine but in the end I upgraded to a MMI3G+ and finally installed mi RSNav 10"25...

So the tune2air are worth spending the money on?rather then cable
So how much and what’s involved with the upgrading to mmi3g+ is it a whole new unit or just software?
And I take it bluetooth is part of it!?
Coz it’s pointless spending money on a make do!
So might aswel upgrade instead!?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts