Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my buddy put in the replacement sub in place of the factory B&O sub. He put in a Kicker 10" and it sounds awesome. Also had him dynamat the rear deck and it helps alot with any rattling of the rear deck. I was going to go with the JL audio 10"w1, but the kicker was enough for what i was doing without going with a separate amp. Also put a thin piece of rubber along the rear brake/stoplight to stop any vibrations from the sub. Found out that it was hitting the rear window when the bass hit. Audio equipment Subwoofer Vehicle Vehicle audio Trunk

Automotive lighting Auto part Technology Tire Vehicle audio

Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Auto part Technology

Product Line Wood

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't understand what the 3rd and 4th pictures are showing... Also, did the 10in require any custom drilling or cutting?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3rd pic is showing some of the dynamat filling, 4th pic is showing the small piece of rubber on the brake light to keep it from rattling against the back window.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The speaker itself i think was about 60 and the dynamat was around another 70-80. he used the factory holes to mount the speaker.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The answer is yes. The quality is alot tighter once you turn up the volume. You lose a little bit of mid bass, but on the right frequencies it sounds good.

·
Registered
76 Posts
How much further does the magnet stick down compared to the B&O sub?
One of the reasons I order the A5 was because it had enough trunk space for 2 golf bags and pull carts. I may need to go with a Neo magneted speaker to cut down on size.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it comes down about 6-7 inches...I put two golf bags back there also..could fit a pull cart, havent tried it yet. Doesn't really get in the way of anything.If anything you can put down the rear seats, that would definitely fit everything you have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had my buddy put in the replacement sub in place of the factory B&O sub.
Can you describe how to remove the original sub? I own the 'normal' Audi Soundsystem and can't figure out how to remove the sub without the risk of breaking something.

TIA,
TKS

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found some posts on audiworld.com about how to remove the sub...i will try and find it again and post the link for you here. Somebody on there posted a pdf. file to download and i just printed it off and followed instructions. It is fairly easy, just have to be careful not to break and plastics or tabs.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Listened to my S5 and another S5, both with B&O and using the same CD: wow, what a difference, in the other car the sound was really good (similar as the Bose setup in older Audis)! This was clear proof that the subwoofer and/or amplifier is the problem (in many cars?) and my dealer ordered replacement parts. Let's wait and see, uh, hear if this is really the solution and a new (type/brand of) sub is not needed.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I found some posts on audiworld.com about how to remove the sub...i will try and find it again and post the link for you here. Somebody on there posted a pdf. file to download and i just printed it off and followed instructions. It is fairly easy, just have to be careful not to break and plastics or tabs.
Would appreciate this link if you can find it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
that's going to be so helpful. Thanks...I cant wait for it to show up to do the spacers, front filler plate thing and the sub.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks, that's great info.

Your Kicker sub, is it made for infinite baffle (free-air)? Or just a regular sub that you're running without the box? And what impedence do you have it wired for? 2-4-8 ohm?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it is a regular sub without box...and also it is a 8ohm. I think factory is also 8ohm..didnt want to go differently.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Would the JL AUDIO 13W6V2 require a seperate amp to power it or would the B&O amp be sufficient. I am getting this sub at a very good price and after reading reviews on it, seems like the perfect sub for S5.

Please Advise..Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Neels5...with the JL i think you would need a separate amp to run the w6..I was going to do the same JL but decieded not to spend money on a new amp.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts