Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is set to be delivered this week. I am uncertain if my dealership has even had an S5 before. I know Audi has a recommended break in period. Should I worry that it may be taken out prior to picking it up and pushed hard ie redlined etc. by people wanting to check it out?:mad:

·
Registered
123 Posts
My car is set to be delivered this week. I am uncertain if my dealership has even had an S5 before. I know Audi has a recommended break in period. Should I worry that it may be taken out prior to picking it up and pushed hard ie redlined etc. by people wanting to check it out?:mad:
That's what a dealer did when i picked up my 20V 1990 Coup'e.
Flat spotted the tiers when they turned the ABS off.

Because of that I pick up my A5 as soon as I go the call.
And when I got there some guy was asking for a test drive of my car.:eek:
I put a stop to that fast.
So there's a chance your car may be demoed by a bad dealer.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was told to expect somewhere around 15 miles on the OD for driving to the dock, loading/unloading on ships and trucks. Mine had 22. I know they've had a bunch of S5's through the dealership and considering the circumstances, I'm pretty sure they couldn't have gone for a joy ride, but it did seem excessive to me. Also, I doubt they would do any real (read "major") damage to the engine on a short joy ride.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I thought that as part of the PDI they had to run the engine through the full rev range as well as a drive around to listen for any obvious rattles/squeaks... Not 100% positive though.

Ranger, how are you liking your interior/exterior combo? :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments. Car arrived today and only 9 miles on OD. Dropped it off at a pro detailer without issues.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I thought that as part of the PDI they had to run the engine through the full rev range as well as a drive around to listen for any obvious rattles/squeaks... Not 100% positive though.

Ranger, how are you liking your interior/exterior combo? :)
I'm warming up to the combo. Daytona is a complex color that changes a lot in the light. I had it professionally detailed on Saturday and the paint is really "popping" in the sun now. It looks pretty sharp with a full shine on it.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts