Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a red S5 on a 58 plate with LED rear head lights at Hammersmith Broadway. Could not get a picture as i was driving. So looks like the new LED have touched down in Blighty

·
Registered
552 Posts
Did you like them? I have only seen them, in the flesh, on A6/A8's and I really want them! Along with being told about further wheel options for the UK S line A5, which we will have to wait to see whether are correct, I was also told that the S Line would get rear LED's from build week 22 (2010 model year cars). I will be waiting even longer for my A5 as a result!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I quite understand... but WTF are Audi playing at with all these changes... It may be credit crunch UK but when you spend 30-40k on a nice motor it is really annoying to see so many upgrades (especially when I was told there were none!)

Since October... 3G Sat Nav, S-Line, different wheels... a V6 S5 (without the drink problem (or nice noise- unfortunately)) etc. Audi Get a grip please!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They looked good but not a vast improvement over the previous lights. I actually like the new rear LED's on the A3 convertible Sline. Audi are being very annoying indeed. Cant believe they have changed so many things on the A5. I have only had my car for 2 months and I already think its out of date. Should not feel that with a car you have paid £35 grand for.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah agree about the continuous updates but from a different perspective as in I must stop finding out about them otherwise I will never order one!

The rear lights on the A3 cab look more like strips than the "dot matrix" look of the A5's but I do like the orange indicator on the cab. What are the indicators like on the A5 rear LED's? Any pictures?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The a5/s5 led's use individual leds for the tail lights where as the A3 tail lights use a single led which sends it light down a fibre bar hence why they look like a single strip.
The indicator on our cars use a filament bulb instead of leds which is a bit or should i say really stupid when the rest of the light is led
Pics.... see the long running thread on led tail lights in the a5/s5 forum.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Just had a brief look at the other thread but I was specifically looking for pics of the indicator flashing as it looks like the indicator part might just be the same as before?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts