Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

Been in the hunt for an S5 for awhile and finally picked one up this past weekend. Needs some love cosmetically here and there but was an overall great deal for a mechanically sound car with only 71k. Not a daily driver for me so miles remain relatively low.

2011 4.2 6-speed manual. Really happy with it so far, with one exception (took a look on the forum and found one answer, but having trouble locating what he was talking about). I guess at some point the car reset itself or something odd, and the driver's window comes up maybe half a MM short when the door shuts. Not even enough to let air in that can be felt, but just enough to create an extremely annoying wind noise at highway speeds :rolleyes:. From what I'm reading it is best to leave to a dealer to do the adjustment, which I believe I am going to do.

Other than that, so far super happy with the car and excited to be a new owner. Only one pic right now from when I picked it up, more to come when I get it where I want it cosmetically!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have a similar issue with my A5, on the under side of the door, there are 2 rubber grommets, which you pull out. Using a long allen key you can adjust some screws to adjust the window. Easier with the door card off apparently.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a similar issue with my A5, on the under side of the door, there are 2 rubber grommets, which you pull out. Using a long allen key you can adjust some screws to adjust the window. Easier with the door card off apparently.
Yeah, this is exactly what I found on the forum. I located the grommets and got them out, but it is really tough to even see up in there to locate the heads, let alone get a tool up there. Local dealer seemed pretty familiar with the issue and didn't seem concerned about the labor time at all. I'll report back when I get it back!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was the same, i took a look the other day and even with my longest allen key i couldnt locate any screw - even if the allen key was the right size. I will take the door card off to do it, apparently its easier with it off as you can see.

Yeah keep us informed!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, took awhile to get the whole window thing sorted. So I originally took the car to a big GM dealer right by my house to get new tires mounted up. Asked if they could take a peek at the window and see if it was simple for them. They said they weren't comfortable and it would be best to take to Audi.

Took it to my local Audi dealer in hopes they didn't quote astronomically, as it is much closer than the shop I like to use for work on my Audi's.

Shocker! They quoted over $400 to adjust the stupid window. As it goes, I ended up taking it to my trusted import shop anyway (should have just started there). Guy is a retired Audi tech and I couldn't speak more highly of him. He adjusted it for $100 and it is good to go.

Moral of the story- it sounds like the door card does need to come off. Both Audi and this tech had to. So, unless you are pretty handy with these cars, I would recommend a professional handle the job.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Cheers dude

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
WOT a bunch of criminals eh.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts