Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am new to this site but it looks like everyone is really helpfull. I just put an order in for a new S5 in So Cal. They are asking $3000 over sticker because the car is about to go in production and has a delivery date to the dealership September 24th. It has all the options including the new drive select even the color I want black.

The problem is that they offered me to put an order in for another S5 and they will just take MSRP but the wait is somewere close to January of next year if that..

So HELP which option do I take wait 4+ months and hope they get allocated one or take the first option and pay an extra $3000??????

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well the real question is whether u absolutely need the car right now? I've been waiting since February and just now did I get a notification from Audi USA that my time for an allocation is coming soon, so I should expect my car by October/ November. But I have a perfectly well running car in the meantime so I dont mind waiting.

So, I have hard enough time accepting that I will have to pay MSRP for this car, let alone $3,000 higher. So I personally wouldnt want to pay anymore than I need to.

Also, i think a 4 month wait is optimistic, I think a 6-9 month wait is more appropriate. So, again, it really comes to whether u want to wait a fairly good amount of time. What dealers are u looking at?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey guys I am new to this site but it looks like everyone is really helpfull. I just put an order in for a new S5 in So Cal. They are asking $3000 over sticker because the car is about to go in production and has a delivery date to the dealership September 24th. It has all the options including the new drive select even the color I want black.

The problem is that they offered me to put an order in for another S5 and they will just take MSRP but the wait is somewere close to January of next year if that..

So HELP which option do I take wait 4+ months and hope they get allocated one or take the first option and pay an extra $3000??????
Personally, I would tell them to take MSRP on the car or go fly a kite. If they don't, wait, and try to find some other dealer that has an allocation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Personally, I would tell them to take MSRP on the car or go fly a kite. If they don't, wait, and try to find some other dealer that has an allocation.
SGTAngry I have called and visited almost 8 Audi dealerships all the way from stevens creek audi in san jose to newport beach and I also gave Mission Viejo audi a call they all advised me that I can put an order in but it will most probably be after january of next year if that.. Almost all the dealers I have called have 3 to 6 people on there waiting lists some with depsoits.. One dealership in ventura county said that they would be getting one in 8 weeks but it was going to be $8000 over MSRP...

I guess it comes to if I want to wait a month and get the car $3000 over MSRP or wait till next year...:(:(

·
Registered
106 Posts
Vaksub -

I can understand your frustration.

However, time (and the economy) are on your side. Also the fact that Audi is increasing production of the S5 for 2009 (versus what we experienced in 2008).

Offer the dealer to pay only MSRP, give him your contact information and leave it at that.

I've seen a few S5s become available (Mid-West and East Coast) as folks drop off the list due to the economy, bank financing, etc.

I know it's a gamble, but I think you might be pleasantly surprised as to what happens over the next month or two.

I have several friends in the auto industry and they have told me what's happening with the US economy is unprecedented and to expect some amazing action steps.

I hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered one and it will be in by Oct

I dont know if this helps I ordered a car in June, the original delivery date was Feb, it was built last week, and is due in October.

I did order it here in Australia. My dealer swapped out a slot he already had for my car.

Paid MSRP.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I received my S5 (Ibis White w/ Tuscan Brown, loaded) at the end of March. When I initially called the dealer, he told me a minimum of $5k over MSRP and 3 month delivery. I told him where to stick it. The next day I went to the Audi dealer and requested the sales manager. I had my check book with me and told him I would pay MSRP and give him any size (refundable) deposit he wanted if I would get the next one ordered. He thought about it for 5 seconds and said OK, $5k deposit (which they never cashed!!). DEAL DONE.
Don't believe what any dealer tells you. Though we owners know how great the car is, there are not that many people willing to plunk down $60k + in this economy. Also, face to face is the way to get the best deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts