Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Think I've settled on the S Line in White, but similar to quite a few guys on here, I'm not overly happy with the limited wheel choice.

It has been mentioned by mactrack, http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/help-needed-a5-5987/index.html that a new wheel option will shortly be available for the S Line.

Question is, looking around at some on-line alloy wheel suppliers, is it better to get the original alloys from Audi and swap them post delivery for some after market wheels? It would seem that for about £500 you can buy some nice looking wheels and tyres, and of course you get to keep / sell your original Audi rims.

If this is a good idea, can anyone recommend a good wheel design for a white S Line A5?

Cheers

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also saw mactrack's post and raised this with Audi UK Customer Service and they were adamant that they had no information on any forthcoming change.

Its as if they didn't want me to wait until the options were available to order....:)

Re after market wheels, if you're quick there is someone on ebay selling genuine factory Audi 19" S5 alloys, and from the pictures they look genuine. Last time I looked they were about £790. I think the S5 19" alloys look pretty good, and with it being an s-line, looks wise its going to look like an S5.

If you're looking at buying new soon then look at my other thread in the General A5 I'm about to post about my order just placed, might be useful.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I personally would not touch non Audi wheels.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also saw mactrack's post and raised this with Audi UK Customer Service and they were adamant that they had no information on any forthcoming change.

Its as if they didn't want me to wait until the options were available to order....:)

Re after market wheels, if you're quick there is someone on ebay selling genuine factory Audi 19" S5 alloys, and from the pictures they look genuine. Last time I looked they were about £790. I think the S5 19" alloys look pretty good, and with it being an s-line, looks wise its going to look like an S5.

If you're looking at buying new soon then look at my other thread in the General A5 I'm about to post about my order just placed, might be useful.
Thanks bealios, I'll look out for your post.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Is that because you want your car to be "pure" Audi or because of any quality / warranty concerns?
Both. I don't see the point buying an Audi and turning it into an 'aftermarket Halfords special' just my opinion and I do appreciate some aftermarket stuff is quite tasteful... but why bother when the OEM stuff is so good.

I also worry about quality/warranty issues and have seen some horror aftermarket wheel disasters..

Good luck!:D:D

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Both. I don't see the point buying an Audi and turning it into an 'aftermarket Halfords special' just my opinion and I do appreciate some aftermarket stuff is quite tasteful... but why bother when the OEM stuff is so good.

I also worry about quality/warranty issues and have seen some horror aftermarket wheel disasters..

Good luck!:D:D

I think we all know your opinion on aftermarket parts by now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
MY post is actually in the new users and car anticipation section now, its the new Daytona Grey thread! If you're in London I know a couple of dealers who went to 10/11% discounts.

On the wheels, I would definitely stay away from non-Audi wheels as it did cause we a bit of hassle when I just sold my TT, but Audi wheels should be fine if you like them. I think 19" is perfect size for A5/S5

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I think we all know your opinion on aftermarket parts by now.
For the avoidance of doubt my response was directly a result of Suzy's question. Unlike some people she did not appear to know my views.:D:D:D:cool:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For the avoidance of doubt my response was directly a result of Suzy's question. Unlike some people she did not appear to know my views.:D:D:D:cool:
You're quite right and obviously it's a running sore point between you guys on this forum!

Apologies if I opened up old wounds! :eek:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Guys

Think I've settled on the S Line in White, but similar to quite a few guys on here, I'm not overly happy with the limited wheel choice.

It has been mentioned by mactrack, http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/help-needed-a5-5987/index.html that a new wheel option will shortly be available for the S Line.

Question is, looking around at some on-line alloy wheel suppliers, is it better to get the original alloys from Audi and swap them post delivery for some after market wheels? It would seem that for about £500 you can buy some nice looking wheels and tyres, and of course you get to keep / sell your original Audi rims.

If this is a good idea, can anyone recommend a good wheel design for a white S Line A5?

Cheers
Hi Suzy

Just been told by my dealer that there are no new wheel options for the S Line - he is sending me his latest correspondence from Audi which he received only 2 weeks ago which confirms this

Looks like the 19in. 20-spoke design for me - I'm not that unhappy if I'm honest

1 - 14 of 14 Posts