Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was not so happy with my titanium S5 wheels (lot of vibration) and decided to change it, with this as a result.

Vibration is almost zero now, and it looks also much better imho.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
u need some better pix but those definetely look better than the s5 stockers which i am not very fond of

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
was that directed towards me? I did im just saying that the pix are very blurry
You need a new monitor or something. The pics are clear as Waterford Crystal....

The rims are OK, but I prefer the stockers..

·
Registered
384 Posts
Car should never vibrate on stock equipment, should have brought it to the dealer. Also believe that car needs a drop on those wheels.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
was that directed towards me? I did im just saying that the pix are very blurry
If you click on the pic (and again) you will see full resolution, not so bad imho? But maybe you mean the license plate.......what happened there? maybe it is the vibration effect??? :D

Car should never vibrate on stock equipment, should have brought it to the dealer. Also believe that car needs a drop on those wheels.
They tried to solve the vibration issue on the stock wheels, and suggested themselves to try new wheels (for a very good price, close to zero :cool:) and now the vibration issue is reduced to unnoticable, and if it gets worse, they will solve it (they supplied the new wheels too). Therefore I am very cuious about TSB 44-08-4, where this vibration issue is explained, does anyone have it?

BTW: lowering the car might be something to do after a few 1000s kms and no returning vibration issues

·
Registered
111 Posts
was wondering for some time how these would look under a S5
pretty nice deal you got at the dealer :d
maybe i'll go complaining for vibrations as well :D

i hope these will be fitted on the RS5, probably they will..

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
They dont suit the car in my honest opinion, dont understand why anyone wouldnt like the standard wheels, they look gorgeous with some elbow grease.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Where/How to get the Wheels

S4udibert

I like the RS6 tri-spokes you have. They are 19", right?
Can you give some details on where and how you got them, part # if Audi, general price.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I am considering buying the 19" Ys after I get my car. I would have ordered them when I bought the car but I was working to a budget.

I'll have to see if they can be bought from the dealer later and at what hellish cost.

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
S4udibert

I like the RS6 tri-spokes you have. They are 19", right?
Can you give some details on where and how you got them, part # if Audi, general price.
It is indeed the 19" RS6 tri-spokes. They were about Euro 200 per wheel. Don't know the exact source / part nr for it, but will have a look.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Copies are available right now but they are only 8" wide instead of 8.5" wide.

·
Registered
341 Posts
No US part Number available right now

I stopped by my Audi dealer and their ETKA parts system shows a picture of this 3-spoke 5-arm design, but no part number. They said that there are some issues getting them from the German distributors.

The parts guy is looking out for the part number and methods for ordering them.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alkatec makes them, in 18" and 19" see here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I stopped by my Audi dealer and their ETKA parts system shows a picture of this 3-spoke 5-arm design, but no part number. They said that there are some issues getting them from the German distributors.

The parts guy is looking out for the part number and methods for ordering them.
These 20"? A quick screenshot since I had ETKA open anyway...:D
(BTW: Part# for 19" = 8T0 601 025T)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts