Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am now the owner of a 2014 RS5, had it a couple of months now, really enjoying it.

I am after some help with a couple of things if anyone could help.

Is there a way of finding out what options my car came with from the factory, would be nice to know.

I am looking at lowering the car with some springs, have been looking at the H&R springs. I cant seem to find any information on if it is ok to fit them to my car as it has EDC.

I am also looking into exhausts, I believe mine has the Audi sports exhaust fitted, but would like it to be a bit louder. Would the Milltek CAT back resonated be a good option, and does anyone know if it still works with the driving mode options, i.e does it get a quieter when you put the car in comfort mode, and then louder when in Dynamic mode?

Any help really appreciated.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Hi and welcome. Can’t help you with the hardware, but you can find your options a couple of different ways. My personal fave is to register on myAudi.com using your VIN number and you can get all the info about the options your car was spec’d with from new. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
410 Posts
Also look at the sticker in your boot beside the wheel well and visit the site below and find all the codes listed for your car.

·
Registered
410 Posts
David, I forgot to say “welcome to the RS Club”. Tell me a little more, spec and colour. Is this a daily driver or one reserved for sunny weekends? So far, what are you most impressed with having owned it for a few months now?
I’ve had my RS since October 18 and have the Audi Sports Exhaust. I’ve read of people opening the valves on the exhaust permanently to get that louder growl. Exhausts I’ve looked in to are Milltek and Armytrix, the latter being about twice the price. An interesting you tube watch is Akrapovik vs Milltek here:
I’ve found an installer for Armytrix but as of yet can’t justify the cost.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The option sticker should also be on the first page of your service booklet.

H&R springs should be ok as you are only changing the springs and not the damper, just make sure you get the one specific to your RS model as the springs are rated for axle weights and they obviously vary between models and engines.

I don't think you can go wrong with Milltek, though I am unsure whether they retain the valve, you should possibly look deeper into this via Milltek's website, google and youtube.

Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
The option sticker should also be on the first page of your service booklet.

H&R springs should be ok as you are only changing the springs and not the damper, just make sure you get the one specific to your RS model as the springs are rated for axle weights and they obviously vary between models and engines.

I don't think you can go wrong with Milltek, though I am unsure whether they retain the valve, you should possibly look deeper into this via Milltek's website, google and youtube.

Regards
Hi there the Milltek does have the valve so it works like the sport exhaust does but is louder of course i love it !!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts