Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My S5 has a the tire pressure monitor and I am looking at custom rims with snow tires. Anyone know if I the car has the tire pressure monitor and the rims don't if that causes any problems?

·
Registered
276 Posts
My S5 has a the tire pressure monitor and I am looking at custom rims with snow tires. Anyone know if I the car has the tire pressure monitor and the rims don't if that causes any problems?
No, shouldnt be a problem but you wiill have to clear the TPM fault light as it will come on when you get them fitted, by holding in the button for 10 secs, assuming its like my R32 was.
I don't believe S5s have TPM included in the UK spec. - whereabouts are you, USA?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in the US, Minnesota. Lots of snow here so I need good winter tires. I am assuming it is ok to put 18in rims with snow tires, even though my summer tires on 19in rims from Audi.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer told me that the car will have TPM. It is in production and will be here early december.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hmm, I'm quite sure I've not seen it mention anywhere that the car has TPM and I couldn't see it as an option when I ordered mine.
Maybe something special for the US market? :confused:

·
Registered
318 Posts
All A5s and S5s sold in the United States are required to have TPMS. A recent law that was passed put into effect for all car makes after Sept '07.

Some more info on TPMS
http://www.just-auto.com/article.aspx?ID=88001

I am in the US, Minnesota. Lots of snow here so I need good winter tires. I am assuming it is ok to put 18in rims with snow tires, even though my summer tires on 19in rims from Audi.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The TPM device that is housed in the tire can be fitted to any new wheel that you put on the vehicle... of course I would keep the TPM system on the tires you are going to use most. Or you can buy another set so that the summer and winter tires are equipped with TPM. I have not checked the price recently but last I saw was around $500.00 usd.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I havent come across TPM on the UK model. However, there is an option in MMI car settings that allows you to change the measurement for tire pressures. So, its in the software at least.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Shame they didn't offer it in the UK, it's one of the options I was willing to pay for :(

·
Registered
158 Posts
Snows

Just bit the bullet 18" Wheels 225/45/VR-18 Tires and TMPS
$1500 at tire rack. Let It Snow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts