Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the pretty dull question but I have a new phone but am struggling to get it synch'd into the bluetooth function on the MMI of my S5. My old phone was connected by the dealer with no problem but when I go into the menu to add this new phone I seem to run out of menu option. I went to 'phone' then 'set up' then 'bluetooth settings' - according to the instruction book I should be seeing a bunch of menu options there that include one to add a new phone. But I only see two options - change the pin and delete existing bluetooth connections. There is nothing else.

Can anyone help me with what I am doing wrong? It is a 2007 S5 and yes it has the basic phone option which worked perfectly with my old phone running through the speakers and MMI screen.

If no luck here it looks like a visit to the dealer to find the missing screen I can't seem to see!

Cheers,
Loony

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can't remember exactly how I did it, but isn't it the other way round... have you tried getting your phone to search for the MMI instead??? If I remember rightly the pin code is 1234

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't remember exactly how I did it, but isn't it the other way round... have you tried getting your phone to search for the MMI instead??? If I remember rightly the pin code is 1234

Cheers Dusty yes I did try that - the phone didn't pick up the MMI as it wasn't set to find a new phone. I have seen a shot of the screen in the manual under 'set up' that has the function for pairing with a new phone, just can't get it to come up on my screen.

If no one here can help guess it will be a trip to the dealer.... :(

·
Registered
953 Posts
Try unpairing any current phones and then trying to pair your new phone again. Some have reported that this has solved a similar issue.

Maybe you need a software upgrade on the phone.

You find the phone from the car, not the car from the phone, by the way. The car has to offer you the 16 digit code to enter into your phone, you see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts