Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys,

I've been religiously reading the threads since I made a deposit back in June and I am pleased to say I just took delivery of my '09 S5 :D!

I am utterly blown away with this car especially after having been a 5 year owner of a '01 E46 M3. I didn't even test drive the S5 and took the threads as gospel until 4 day ago.

I will post pictures soon. I'm actually on vacation at the moment so I've only had 2 days within this powerful, confident, and elegant beast.

To anyone thinking about buying an S5...do not hesitate! The only other cars I would have substituted the car for was the '09 M3 and the '09 C63 AMG (which I probably would have bought were it available in manual)

2009 - Phantom Black Metallic, Black w/ Alcantara Inserts, Carbon Fiber Trim, B&O, Audi Drive Select, etc. etc....fully loaded.

·
Registered
491 Posts
congrats man! i bet you cant wait t get back to drive her!
btw i dont think audi offers a carbon black metallic i think that was an old BMW color. it might be phantom black your talking about.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Congrats on the car! Post some pics when you get back from vacation...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are right...brain fart on my part. Phantom Black Metallic. I'm going to have to wash it when I get back. It rained and snowed every day following delivery. Pics forthcoming.

Btw, I've only seen one other S5 in Philadelphia which I have a tendency of passing on my may to work (its heading into the city). Looked like Meteor Gray pearl effect.

Yes - cannot wait to drive the car. I've been reading about all the misinformed comments on breaking in the car. My thoughts...be reasonable on first 1K miles, then let it rip!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, no discounts. I figured it wasn't even worth asking since the demand is so high like my previous purchasing experience of a high margin/demand car like the M3. They are selling it at MSRP, not overcharging, and frankly, what motivation would they have to discount, unless the market continues to tank and people do drop from the list.
I did get the dealer to increase their offer on the trade in value of my RR Sport Supercharged by $4,500 and include the rubber mats on the S5...so both do count for something. I also made sure I get valet pickup for all scheduled service. I work in town and this benefit is critical for me in consideration of previous purchases and my miserable service experiences with Don Rosen BMW.

I bought it at Don Rosen of Conshohocken/Wynnewood.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats! I'm not in Philly but am close...across the river in South Jersey. We should have a local meet up one time....I've only 2 S5's in the area and each only one time.

Virchow

2009 Phantom Black S5

·
Registered
115 Posts
i am also in the area. maybe we should plan a gtg.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Would A5's be invited?

I've never seen an S5 in person! In fact I've only seen one other A5 and that was on the NY thruway. A VAG-COM cable would be appreciated at this proposed GTG.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys - been awhile for a reply. I owe you pics but its been cold and wet in Phila so pics would be weak. Its been about a month now of ownership and its suffice to say this is my favorite car I've owned. The speed and feel is sublime whereas my E46 M3 was much more brash, but this isn't necessarily a negative. The interior is second to none.

Concerning the breakin - my Audi rep indicated a below 6K RPM up to 600miles...so at this point at 800miles I'm having some fun...and for those of you in Philadelphia...look for me enjoying the twistys on Kelly Drive around 7:30am.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just watch out for the curve @ the Columbia RR bridge! Even an Audi can't repeal the laws of physics. Almost crashed in a friends 328xi while he was showing off. A philly GTG could be a great event.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good point but I'm not a total idiot anymore. I have been to the M5 performance driving school and had 6 years in an E46 M3 but point well taken. At 32 now and married, my penchant for pushing the car to its limit is much less than I was 5 years ago.

Best story - New York City from Holland Tunnel on NJ Turnpike to Philadelphia - racing an old man (with balls) in a Maybach at 155+mph on a Sunday afternoon. We made it to Philly in 1hr 15 mins. How often do you see a Maybach on the road let alone willing to push it? Race of a lifetime.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats on the car! Racing the Maybach sounds like a good break in session BTW!

Regards
George

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well J I pulled the trigger sooooo maybe I will c u on the streets of philly in the near future!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cool sd - when do you take delivery and from which dealer? How did you spec it out?

Btw, for all you Greater Philadelphia owners, as I'm trying to identify those vehicles I've seen and perhaps owners active on these boards...I've seen one black S5 in Rittenhouse Square, a white A5 in Villanova, and a quartz gray S5 several times on 76 eastbound or Kelly Drive in the mornings on the way to work.
'01 E46 M3 - Silver on Black

·
Registered
268 Posts
I take delivery the week of feb. 9th

and

I purchased it from Don Rosen Audi in Wynewood.....

I got a Blk on blk with premium and iPod connector....

plan to change wheels, possible H&R springs and I would love to get the S5 mirror caps....but i cant find them... only on one site but they were 700...i thought that was a little too much for caps.....so i will look else where...

also im going to ask the dealer to remove that winking LED before i pick it up...

do you know if they set up anythnig else for you before you pick it up...or if i should ask for anything else???

thanks

Steve:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well rubber mats were important to me. I think it gives the interior a more sleek look. Not sure why you're going to lose the LED lights but that's totally personal preference. Sounds like you've got some aftermarket interest but I think you'll be blown away by the car as is so give it some time before you play around too much. I also got valet pickup for all service calls as part of my purchase agreement with my sales rep purely based on my work schedule. Not sure if this is important to you or if its too late in the game.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts