Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

I am a new owner of a 2008, 3.2 S-Line... pretty-much every available option, except for Audi Drive Select (is this even available with the 2008's?).

A few questions - I am pretty technically apt, so I am looking forward to getting my VAG-COM cable - and although there are several resources online, I can't seem to find definitive answers for the following questions:

1) Can I somehow enable Audi Drive Select via my MMI? If so - can I somehow also activate a slightly softer ride on my rather crappy California highways?

2) I know that it's a 2G MMI, but how can I confirm whether or not I can activate VIM and/or what type of media is supported by the car's stock media players (if any)?

Also - I have a few months left on the warranty. Was thoroughly impressed by Niello Audi in Sacramento. Although I didn't purchase my car from them, they replaced the start button (the foil was slightly worn), the visor clip that was missing from the drivers' side, test drove and inspected it - all under the factory warranty AND they provided me with a loaner for the day! They also adjusted the wind sound coming from the seal on the driver side window (though they did charge an hour of labor for this) - but it was worth it as the car was quite drafty on the freeway, now completely air-tight.

Love this car!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

- tom

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
..pretty-much every available option, except for Audi Drive Select (is this even available with the 2008's?).
ADS was not available until MY 2009.

1) Can I somehow enable Audi Drive Select via my MMI? If so - can I somehow also activate a slightly softer ride on my rather crappy California highways?
No - ADS requires different dampers than your car is equipped with.

2) I know that it's a 2G MMI, but how can I confirm whether or not I can activate VIM and/or what type of media is supported by the car's stock media players (if any)?
You should be able to activate video-in-motion. The process is described here: Enable VIM TV-playback using VCDS/VAG-COM in your Audi MMI | trick77.com Take care that the 2G MMI process is different from 3G MMI, so whenever following VCDS advice always make sure that it's for the correct model.

Love this car!
Good luck with the car, and welcome to A5OC! There weren't too many MY2008 A5's available in the US - they weren't introduced here until near the end of the model year run.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts