Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I’ve bought an A5 sportback 2011 5dr, sline, qauttro today and thought I’d better join a forum, hence my first post.

Had an A4 from new the last 4yrs and gotta say I prefer my 8yr old A5 already!!

One question, the parcel shelf is sat in the boot and had a look and the NS peg has snapped off the pillar of the boot. Not sure how the shelf fits to the underside of the boot but assume this is obviously the cause. Anyone know, how to remove / replace and where to buy a peg (obviously not going to a dealer!)

Any help, much appreciated
Cheers
Mat

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello all,

I’ve bought an A5 sportback 2011 5dr, sline, qauttro today and thought I’d better join a forum, hence my first post.

Had an A4 from new the last 4yrs and gotta say I prefer my 8yr old A5 already!!

One question, the parcel shelf is sat in the boot and had a look and the NS peg has snapped off the pillar of the boot. Not sure how the shelf fits to the underside of the boot but assume this is obviously the cause. Anyone know, how to remove / replace and where to buy a peg (obviously not going to a dealer!)

Any help, much appreciated
Cheers
Mat
Sounds like what happened to my car the week I bought it - closed the boot and the contents of the boot was jut a little too tall for the cover, snapping off one of the pins? The cover fits on the pins. Under engineered, I’d say. Certainly not up to the vigors of my ham fistedness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, what did you use for a stronger pin? The main plastic is still in place but the pin with the ball end has snapped off. Considering drilling something into the existing plastic and glue into place?

While I’m at it, don’t suppose you’ve remapped as I’m also considering doing this.

Cheers

Mat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only realised my A5 had a DVD player today and my kids were well excited, shame it only works when the car is stationary, could have kept them quiet on our travels!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the replies, what did you use for a stronger pin? The main plastic is still in place but the pin with the ball end has snapped off. Considering drilling something into the existing plastic and glue into place?

While I’m at it, don’t suppose you’ve remapped as I’m also considering doing this.

Cheers

Mat
From memory that’s exactly what I did. Stainless nail, with 2 pot glue.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I only realised my A5 had a DVD player today and my kids were well excited, shame it only works when the car is stationary, could have kept them quiet on our travels!!
This is me and my B8.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You can have it working whilst moving, but first you will need to enable VIM (vehicle in motion) - if you do a search on here plenty of info on how to do this.

·
Registered
319 Posts
OK- just realised what I put & its actually called 'Video In Motion' not vehicle in motion..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts