Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first time Audi owner. I recently picked up a 2013 A5 2.0T Quattro with Premium Plus package. I have some questions about its current options, issues and possible upgrades.

1) I noticed it has Sirius but when I link it to my sub it doesnt seem to have any XM channels. Is that normal for this vehicle? (I've never encountered one that had one but not both before)
2) If not having XM is normal, can it be upgraded?

3) I have a few rattles. Is there a list of known rattles and fixes? The main ones are: the cup holder (rattles only if I have a cup in there for some reason), The right side door speaker (or something near there) rattles with some heavier bass songs. Something also on the passenger side but more towards the back of the door rattles on some roads.

4) When I have my phone connected via Bluetooth the phone seems to be trying to send the navigation audio to the car but the car doesnt seem to be playing it. Is that a limitation of this cars system or is there something I can adjust to make it work? (phone calls do worth through the Bluetooth system)

5) possible future upgrade: I live in the mountains up a somewhat bumpy dirt road. For the most part the car does great but I am wondering if there is a suspension upgrade that might be worth doing? (for example an adjustable ride height air suspension)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I will try #1 and #3.

For the Sirius, I think I would contact them and talk to a human there to see what should or should not be working. Maybe if you put an MMI firmware update on the car. Do you know what level you are at? From the main screen (use MENU button, then go into SETUP and look for the Version display. Back in 2013, a factory install version might be P0570 or something like that. The "P" designates the firmware from the factory, not updated. If you have a "K" version it has been updated at the dealer or by a previous owner. Recommend you upgrade to K0942_6 which seems to be the latest (last?) version available to us.

For rattles, the central cup holder should have spring-loaded "holders" to hold a cup steady when pushed down. On your passenger door, you might need to remove the inner door panel to see what is going on in behind. I found a screw (with a locking nut) that was loose, high up at the back of my passenger door that rattled lightly. Paid the dealer to investigate and they found nothing. I fixed it myself. Buy some replacement door panel clips as you will likely break one or two...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try #1 and #3.
The cup holders do have the spring loaded catches but they all seem fine. They just start rattling if I have a cup in there. I'm not sure if that is a design fault or if something is lose but when they are compressed by a cup they rattle (or at least one does)

I have software version: HN+_US_AUG3G_P0609
I'll have to look into how to update that. I'm not sure if missing XM is a software thing or if the car just cant do XM channels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have now updated to the latest firmware and navigation. There is no change in the sound output from google maps via phone bluetooth. I also cant find any option to make it work on the phone. (It has audio out via bluetooth set but it doesnt work in the audi)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.