Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The advanced key works great getting in. What is the secret, when locking the car. It takes longer to lock it then with a key. I was told to press the button, and that is what is says in the manual, but it seems like it takes forever

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
275 Posts
Works fine in mine, I get out of the car, press the button on the door and it's closed. Actually, I tend to forget to lock it this way when exiting, so I use the button on the key to lock it sometimes, and set the mirrors to fold in automatically when locking ( that way I'm sure I locked the car otherwise).

It locks quick as long as you push on the button in a firm manner, if you brush the button lightly with your hand, it doesn't always work.....

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had problems getting used to it too, and initially found it a total pain -now I simply find it mildy irritating!

I use just the tip of a finger against the sensor on the outside of the handle to lock the car. I found that if I grabbed the handle in the normal, natural manner then the fingers that wrapped around the handle would activate the 'unlock' sensor, just at the same time that my thumb was touching the 'lock' sensor: nett result = nothing!

Oh, and a couple of times at the end of a journey I've pressed the 'START' button to turn the engine off (yes I know START = STOP just think Windows), got out of the car, and wondered why it wouldn't lock. Only to realise that I mustn't have touched the START button with sufficent accuracy or vigour, so the engine hadn't stopped, and the car (quite rightly) won't let you lock it with the engine still running. Doh -brings me onto another point -wish the engine was louder!!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Well, I have a much weirder circumstance. All of my "fingers" work to lock the car, but my thumb doesn't work very well. I think it may be because the door handle sensor is capturing my entire hand near the door handle and simultaneously unlocking it at the same time I want it locked. I now press firmly with my index finger and it works pretty well. It's actually easier to just use the keyfob which I do most times now....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I thought it was just me!

I seem to remember the touchpad on the door handles being very sensitive when I picked the car up, but now I need to press firmly.

At least it wasn't just my imagination... or was it?!

·
Registered
487 Posts
There's a bit of irony in that picture.

You have a $58K vehicle in the parking lot of discount stores such as:
Shoe Carnival, Burlington Coat Factory, Cards Outlet, and Dollar Tree.

I guess after purchasing such a car we are all forced to now shop at these places. :D

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
There's a bit of irony in that picture.

You have a $58K vehicle in the parking lot of discount stores such as:
Shoe Carnival, Burlington Coat Factory, Cards Outlet, and Dollar Tree.

I guess after purchasing such a car we are all forced to now shop at these places. :D
Still, I guess you don't have to queue at the checkout, judging by the lack of other cars in the car park!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the tips, the one finger technigue seems to work a bit better. My passenger door is more responsive...

As for the parking lot, nicely spotted. I stopped to take some picks the first day. My first stop was a little congested, and the car already draws enough attention. Next stop this now defunct shopping center.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts