Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I took delivery of an Ibis White 08' A5 3.2 QAT6.

I had owned 3 VW's previously, my last, a 1998 Passat 1.8T. About 2 weeks ago, I had to replace my beloved family car due to a transmission issue; with 10 years behind the car, and other repairs still to be done besides the tranny, I donated the car instead. Still waiting to see if it will eventually sell so I can write off whatever $$$ I can.

So I went and test drove a 2008 A4 and A6 with my wife. She didn't like the "cramped" space of the A4. The A6 drove nicely and had plenty of room for both of us. The price took her aback; it ranged from $52K to 58K.

Then we looked at the A5. The dealer would not let us test drive one as they had limited supply; in fact, they only had 2 Ibis White A5's. One was being sold so we looked at the 2nd one in the service department. It was closed but it sat at the end of the LONG service area.

The car looked great as it's shilloutte outlined it's strong lines from the back; as wide as a 6 series but seemed lower. The Cinnamon interior looked fantastic and the LED's is eye catching to say the least. I have been reading many reviews of the A5/S5 so I had some idea of what the drive would be like.

The price was almost the same as the A6 since the dealer had a markup they were not willing to remove; however, all said and done, I am so happy - estatic to own such a beautiful automobile. The Passat still holds a special place as a "family sedan" and will miss it a lot, but the A5 is a worthy successor and more car than I've ever owned in my 50 years on this planet. OK, so I don't get out much but going from 10 year old technology to this is very overwhelming! But I have to say, I cannot see ever going back to anything less.

Unlike my Passat, I'm not doing any serious modifications. I promised my wife that much since she's paying for most of this! I will do some minor modifications ONLY when things wear out and where it will not detract from all of the things I love about the car right now. It's fairly quiet, ride's nicely, and is not for any type of sporting adventures outside of just touring country roads. I have a crude sports car for when I really want the adreanaline pumping!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Congratulations on your new A5! Isn't it a beauty, and so much fun to drive? I had a similar experience with my last car, a 1991 Acura Legend coupe I purchased new. I was very attached to it and I still have a few lingering separation issues; it is still sitting in my driveway (nearly four months after getting my A5), now with a dead battery. I may end up donating it, but would prefer to find a "good home" as it still has some life left in it.

Anyway, like you, I found the A5 to be a very worthy replacement. Let's just hope we get as many years and miles out of them -- or even more!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on your purchase.

It sounds like you made a great choice, given the other options you were considering. Yeah, that Cinnamon Brown interior is gorgeous isn't it? And yes, the technology implemented in this car is amazing. I just love all the little things Audi thought of.

Speaking of, you should check out this very informative "Did you know?" thread. You'll learn a lot of neat stuff, which you may or may not already know... depending upon whether you've read the owner's manual yet. :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you for welcoming me.

I've actually read both the operators and MMI manual. So far, the one thing I have not figured out is on my Samsung cell phone, I have already sync'd up the blue tooth, however, when I get into the car and fire up the phone feature, it doesn't automatically sync up to the phone. If I flip open the phone, or if someone actually calls me, then then it seems to sync up, but I was thinking it would do it automatically. Or am I asking too much?
Maybe I need to read the manual some more!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.